little pistol

this is a double update! the next one is posted immediately after this!

thank you so much for 50K!!!

NEWT

   The sun beamed through the concrete window, shedding light on the both of us. Her breath fanned against my neck as I held her tight in an attempt to never let go. The birds chirped from the trees that rustled from the breeze outside, and the soft murmurs of people who had already woken, productiveness keeping their minds at bay.

   My fingers ran through her hair this time, occasionally tucking a piece behind her ear. Her arm was wrapped around my waist as usual, holding me close as the smile stayed prominent on her cheeks. We were facing towards each other, our legs tangled like so many times before, the heat providing a warmth that nobody else could fill.

   It was a beautiful morning, and while everyone was going on with their lives outside this room, Mae and I stayed entangled beneath the sheets, looking at each other like we were the only things on the planet.

   "You have pretty eyes.." She whispered, her hand moving in between us to caress the side of my face, fingers feeling like fire in the best way possible.

   My heart exploded, that being something she'd told me before, just never in this circumstance. I grinned, thinking up a quick compliment to say back to her. "You have a pretty face."

   Her laughter filled the room, a smile painted on her face as she turned onto her back, craning her neck to the side as she continued to look at me. I stared back, not being able to stop smiling when it came to her. Mae's big blue eyes had a permanent space in my heart, and I knew that I would never forget them as long as I lived.

I should compliment her more. She seems to compliment me more than I deserve to be.

   "Stay there." She commanded as she suddenly sat up, and a whine of protest left my tired lips as she turned to the corner of the room. I watched as she walked over to her guitar, the oversized shirt making her look so small. The black socks she was wearing hugged her ankles, and I wondered how she could sleep with those on. Her messy hair met the middle of her back as she brushed it out of her face, bending down to grab the instrument.

   She walked herself back to where I was, climbing over the sheets while trying not to hit me with the guitar. I giggled at her action, shifting myself back a few inches to give her more room. Bottom lip tucked underneath her teeth, she made herself comfortable, placing her instrument on her hip while she patted the space between her legs.

   Understanding the gesture, I maneuvered so that I was now resting on my stomach, propped up on my elbows between her legs. She kept her smile and shut her eyes for a moment, placing one of her hands on the back of my head gently.

   "I'm gonna sing you a song." Her voice was raspy in the morning, something that made a lump form in my own throat from how attractive it already was. It wasn't the typical girl voice—not like Teresa's or Brenda's. Mae's voice was lower than there's, and there was a sexiness that I wasn't expecting when I met her for the first time.

   She had been trying to figure out how to play the instrument for a while, but there were times I noticed her get excited over figuring out a chord, or playing a tune without messing up or the sound not going sour. And now, I guess she was going to sing me a song.

   I didn't reply, wanting her to start as she strategically placed her fingers on the neck, pressing down on the strings she wanted before her right hand started picking at them, a lovely soft sound starting to echo through the room. I stared into her eyes as she tucked her tongue between her lips in concentration, picking at the guitar before she inhaled, starting to sing.