Chapter 1

All I could feel was the pain racking through my whole body. The last thing I could remember was falling into nothingness, once I fell from the Bifrost.

I wonder what has become of me? Where am I? I hear voices? I don't recognize any of them. I slowly worked my eyes open and slowly my eyesight came into focus. Trying to move my head seemed impossible at the moment, but I could tell i was in a bed surrounded by a white curtain...like the medical area in the palace. I could hear the voices again behind the curtain.

"Do we know where he is from, Headmaster? If he is dangerous?"

We will ask the young man when he awakens. For now we must be patience."

"If you two don't mind, my patient is sleeping."

"You are right Poppy. I shall receive Severus with the new batch of potions."

They are talking about me. That's irritating. I'm right here! I tried to yell, but my voice wasn't working and my throat started burning. I winced in pain. What was wrong with me?!

"Oh my! You're awake! Minvera! Get Albus!"

After yelling at a woman with a pointed hat, an elderly woman in an apron came rushing up to my bedside waving a stick at me. I tried to get away, but once again, I couldn't move.

"I've put a immobilize spell on you, if you are wondering why you can't move. You have broken your neck, so you need to keep still until it's completely healed. You've also broken a couple ribs and your left leg. In short terms, you will be bedridden for a while, young man. My name is Madam Pomfrey by the way, dear."

I attempted a questioning glare. Where was I? I have never seen this woman in my life. Was I a prisoner? This "Madam Pomfrey" just kept talking.

"You are likely very tired. The Headmaster will likely want to talk to you, but don't worry I will shoo him away until you are more healed and able to speak. I will be back a little later to check and clean your wounds again."

Ok, maybe this Madame Pompfrey wasn't that bad. I was really tired. Maybe I will close my eyes for a little while. It felt like I was only asleep for ten minutes, when I felt pressure on my stomach. My eyes immediately flew open to see the elderly lady checking my ribs.

"Sorry to scare you. You looked like you were sleeping well, so I didn't want to wake you. Did you sleep well? You've been asleep for over 2 hours."

No. Didn't even feel that long...

"Since you are awake, I am going to check your neck. I will be gently moving your adams apple to see if you can swallow. I have some nutrition and healing potions you need to take. It would be easier if you were able to swallow them instead of me forcing it into your stomach. But I will not lie this will hurt, the damage to your neck is extensive."

The Madame Pompfrey woman placed her fingers gently on my neck and as she massaged my adams apple, the pain flared and I squeezed my eyes shut in protest. The pain was unbearable, as I held the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. Suddenly the pain stopped. I opened my eyes to see the woman's face holding a frown.

"I'm sorry dear. This will take time but I will do this once everyday to exercise the muscle."

She grabbed a towel and dabbed the corner of my eyes and gave a sad smile.

"There, like it never happened. You don't seem like a man who likes to show weakness in front of others."

This woman was very insightful and I was glad for that.

"Now, you still need to take these potions. I will have to spell them into your stomach. It will make your stomach a little sick feeling."

She showed me three vials of questioning "potions" as she called them. Just because she healed me didn't mean I trusted her to give me unknown liquids. I shut my mouth and frowned tightly. She smirked at me!

"If you want, I could bring the man who brew these potions for you in here and can tell you what they do. He would think that you believe to be too good to take his potions, if you refuse. And for a fact, you won't want that to happen. He's not known for being the nicest of persons.

Now she was threatening me! I will not drink those! You can't make me!

"Fine. I'll be right back."

Once she walked out I relaxed... a little. I few minutes later, I could hear the door fly open and quick purposeful steps could be heard. The steps became louder and louder until they stopped in front of my curtain. I was intimidated... but only a little. The curtain was ripped aside to reveal a very tall dark man. He had a stern frown upon his pale face which looked even more intimidating with the large hooked nose.

"I hear you are unwilling to take the potions. I... am here to remedy that."

I once again closed my mouth tightly and frowned. This man was even equipped with a demanding voice to add to his image. He will NOT win!

I assure you, i will win.

My eyes widened. He just read my mind! He just read my mind! He smirked.

I did.

He sat down beside me with this black coal eyes piercing my green ones. Who is this man?

"My name is Severus Snape. I am a Potions Master and the Potions Professor at this school."

School? I'm at a school?!

"Yes, you are at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Magic?! You learn magic here?

"Yes, you do."

I glared at him. I can't have any thoughts to myself, can I? The Potions man smirked.

"Not with me around. Now, let me discuss these potions with you."

He took out a black stick and held up the first potion.

"This one is to numb the pain. It will help you relax throughout the day and night. It will be taken in the morning and before you sleep at night."

Suddenly, he flicked the stick at me and there was a weird feeling and taste from my mouth to my stomach. Then the pain disappeared. Did he just do what i think he did? I glared at him.

"Oh dear... did I forget to tell you, I was distributing the potions to you as well?"

I frowned and glared.

"Welcome to your first bout of magic at this school, mister...?"

The Snape character raised an eyebrow at me in question. My name is Loki.

"Loki. Now, on to the next potion..."

I rolled my eyes as he held up the next potion.

"This one will help in the healing of your broken bones. I will warn you on this one it will burn as it goes down your throat. Luckily, you only take this once a day."

He flicks his wand and the burning sensation goes through my throat. I hurt but it wasn't as bad, likely due to the pain potion.

"Now the last one. The nutrition potion. You will take this three times a day. Once you start eating properly again you will no longer need this potion. That will be decided by either me or Madam Pomfrey."

Once the last potion was in my stomach, I became very tired. Why am I so tired all the time?

"It's normal. Your body needs to heal."

Oh I forgot... you're still here. He rolls his eyes. Will you come back here again? It's hard to know what's going on, when I can't ask questions verbally.

"I will be here to distribute your morning potions and night potions. I have classes to attend to during the day."

I was relieved. Someone to talk to. He could at least answer my questions. And even though he is extremely intimidating, he wasn't bad company. Thank you.

"You are welcome, Loki."

The man gets up to leave and Madam Pomfrey walks in.

"I hope you didn't torture the poor man, Severus."

"Obviously."

I smirked. This man had such a dry humor. Too bad I couldn't laugh. At least, I had something to look forward to later.