Chapter 62

The moon shone brightly, as I made my way back to the castle. Once inside, I made my way back to the dungeons, but I was, once again, stopped in my attempt to go to my quarters. Harry and his friends stood at the portrait to the door.

"You three should be in bed."

Harry turned and ran to give me a hug.

"We were worried."

"There is no reason to worry. I took care of it."

"Professor Snape is probably worried too."

"More then likely. And I don't feel like escorting you three all the way up to the tower, so come on in. All of you. Hurry up."

I rushed them into Severus' and my quarters and over to the floo.

"You all can sleep in Harry's room at the apartment."

Ron's eyes widen.

"We get to see your house?"

"Obviously."

Harry chuckled.

As we all floo-ed to the apartment, I stepped out and into Severus's arms.

"What happened? I woke up to feeling your anger and I could not come to help you."

I hugged him back and buried my face into his hair, sighing.

"Something kept me awake. I had to find out what it was. I promised I wasn't going to do anything until after the wedding, but they went too far."

Severus noticed Harry and his friends coming through the fire place.

"What happened?"

I told them all the story of Umbridge's and Malfoy Senior's ending at Hogwarts. After the story, we sent the three to Harry's room to sleep, as Severus and I did the same. Severus wrapped his arm over my waist and hugged me close. I felt him place a kiss behind my ear as he whispered.

"You are no monster, Loki."

I gave his hand a light squeeze as a 'thank you'. I tried to sleep, hoping tomorrow will be better. Umbridge was gone, Malfoy Senior was out of the picture, and we had one more day until the wedding. What could go wrong?

Relax, Loki

Severus attempted to pull me closer to him, as a comfort, but my mind wouldn't stop thinking.

Dumbledore will help take care of Umbridge. Don't worry, Love.

"You're right, Severus. I'm sorry for keeping you up."

I felt Severus leave another kiss behind my ear.

"It's alright, Love."

I finally settled down enough to drift into an uneasy sleep, but the morning came sooner then I would have liked. Before Severus and I knew it, we were woken up by Dumbledore arriving in our apartment.

"Good morning, Headmaster."

Dumbledore looked at me from above his glasses.

"Can you tell me what happened to Professor Umbridge...Loki?"

I took a deep breath and composed myself.

"She is currently learning how to survive as horned toad, Sir."

"And what of Mr Malfoy?"

"Even though I wanted to throw him in the lake for the poor treatment of his family. I went against my better judgement and obliterated his memory completely. I thought if he can make a better life for himself, maybe young Mister Malfoy may have a father again, if his mother wants to reunite with the man."

Dumbledore gave a small smile.

"Even though what you did would be considered a means to fire you, I will let this go for...the greater good. We are getting closer to the war. I can not afford to loose such a great fighter for the Light Side."

I straightened up at the complement.

"But don't get cocky, my boy."

I grinned.

"I can't make any promises, Headmaster, especially when my family is involved."

"I understand, Loki."

Dumbledore started to walk towards the fireplace.

"Now I must return for my early morning walk around the grounds."

"Good day, Sir."

Once he left, I let out a breath that I didn't even notice I was holding. That could have gone worse. Now we only need to worry about the wedding. I felt Severus wrap his arms around my front, burying his face in my neck.

One more day.

One more day.