Chapter 20

It was time for my very first class to start. I was nervous and excited at the same time. Dumbledore had not announced that I was the new DADA professor. He thought it would more fun to surprise each class. I had to agree. My first class included the two school twin pranksters, Mister Fred and George Wealsey. I have not officially met the two. Neither came to my office for tutoring and I have only heard of them from the staff and other students. This should be interesting.

The class began to file in. I stood at the head of the room, but I had cloaked myself with invisibility, so they could not see me. I could spot the twins from anywhere.

"Hey Fred, where's Professor Lupin?"

"Not here, George. You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"The first prank of the semester?!"

"I knew we were twins for a reason."

The twins walked up to the head of the room and place an invisible goo on my desk chair. I raised an eyebrow. Really... that's it? I easily flicked my finger and the goo disappeared and appeared on the twin's seats. I walked to the room's entrance and dissolved the illusion, pretending to just walk in to the head of the room.

"Good Morning students. You are all probably wondering where Professor Lupin is at. He will not be teaching this semester and I was asked to take over this class for this semester. For those of you who don't know me, I am Professor Loki."

I made it to the head of the room and turned to face the class.

"Now, let's see what you remember from last semester."

I sat down in my chair and I noticed the twins trying to hold in their laughter. The class went on with me calling on student's to see what they remember; shooting out different questions to every student. I never once moved from my seat. Once class ended I gave the class permission to leave to their next class.

"We will begin new material tomorrow, class. Have a good day."

The twins tried to get up from their seats, but they could not get up. They looked wide eyed at each other and started cursing at each other.

"George! Why did you put the goo on my chair?! You want me to get in trouble?"

"I could say the same to you, Fred."

"Is there a problem, Gentlemen?"

The two looked up at me and I got up from my chair and walked over to them; sitting on the nearest desk. Their eyes widened.

"No..Sir."

"I believe you two shall meet me after classes today and you can spend the time writing a three foot paper on how to pull and prank and not get caught. Alright, boys?"

I waved my hand and the goo disappeared. Both looked at me in surprise.

"Wicked."

I smirked.

"You are dismissed."

I enjoyed surprising all the classes today. Harry was enjoying his first class with me, but I think it was because Ron was scared, Hermione was flustered, and Draco was fully annoyed because my kitten, Frigga found his robes more fun then any other student's robes. After the twin's detention was over with me, Frigga and I were heading back to Severus and mine's room when I ran into my favorite person in the whooooole wide world.

"I thought I told you to stay away from here, Mr Malfoy."

Mr. Malfoy Senior snorted.

"Professor Loki. I am only here to discuss matters with Severus."

"Well he's not home yet. He's at a meeting with the headmaster."

"I can wait here and you can be on your way, Professor."

"Or since I can try to be civil, you can come inside for some tea."

"Excuse me?"

I walked to the room and as the portrait moved aside, I opened the door. I smirked.

"I live here too, Mr Malfoy. So, technically you were standing in my way."

I walked in knowing the man would follow. I went into the kitchen to make the tea.

"Is there anything that I can help with Mister Malfoy?"

Malfoy Senior sat down awkwardly on the couch.

"No...Severus had to share his quarters with you?"

"Nooo...I moved in near the end of last semester."

"Why?!"

"My personal life is none of your business, Lucius."

Once again, Severus has greeeeat timing. Severus smirked.

"Now what is your business here? I know you're not here to speak with Loki."

Apparently, whatever Malfoy had to say was private for Severus lead him to his potions lab. Once they were done talking, they came back into the sitting room and we sat down for tea. It was a very quiet gathering. I hope everything is alright...

The Death Eaters are planning on bringing You-Know-Who back soon...using Harry.

I stood abruptly and glared at Malfoy's direction.

"Mr. Malfoy, I believe it is getting late and Severus and I will need to head to bed soon. We have classes tomorrow."

"The proper manners would be to wait until we are all finished with our tea, Professor Loki."

He took a sip of tea. I leaned into his personal space.

"You know, Mr Malfoy, the lake looks lovely at this time of day. Would you like to take a walk?"

Malfoy's eyes widened, remembering my previous warning and he stood suddenly.

"I'm sorry, but I forgot I have another appointment to go to. I must depart."

He briskly walked out the door. I was so upset; I tried to control my anger at the man. Severus came up and hugged me, rubbing small soothing circles on my back.

"They can't get to Harry, Severus. I'll kill them."