Chapter 56

The room was engulfed in a bright white light before forming into a huge animal. It pranced around us, bearing giant feathered wings and antlers.

"Well, well, Professor Loki. Your patronus would be a mythical creature."

Harry looked on in amazement.

"What is it, Headmaster?"

"It's called a Peryton. It's half deer, half eagle. Not one patronus is alike. This peryton just shows Lok's love for his family is strong represented by the deer, as well as his want to watch over his family like a mother eagle watching over her nest."

I was completely amazed. The peryton approached me and nuzzled my free hand. I smiled. I just had to show Severus.

Soon the school day came to an end and everyone was gathering in the Great Hall for dinner. I found my seat next to Severus.

"How'd the class with Odin go?"

"It was fine. Great actually."

Severus raised an eyebrow, obviously wanting to know more. I smiled.

"I produced my first full patronus."

Severus' eyes widened in curiosity.

"Well, what is it?"

"I want to show you in person. Harry wants to be there too. I thought we could get together at Hagrid's hut before Harry's curfew."

If I didn't know Severus, I would have missed the small flicker of a pout before he responded.

"You can't just tell me now?"

"Nope."

I smirked as Severus huffed and crossed his arms. Payback for making me embarrassed at lunch.

Severus smirked and shook his head. Fine. I will wait.

My excitement did not waver all through dinner. Once it ended, I grabbed Severus' hand and raced him out of the Great Hall, picking up a just as excited Harry along the way. We made it to Hagrid's hut in record time.

"Father, is something wrong?"

"Hello Fenrir. Nothing is wrong. I have learned a new spell and I want to show Severus. Would you like to see it too?"

Fenrir wagged his tail.

"Of course."

Pointing my wand into the night sky, the peryton appeared and few into the sky. Severus smiled.

"Loki...that's a Peryton."

I smiled as Severus and Harry both released their patronuses. The peryton approached the other deer once they appeared. The three of them looked like a family. The three patronuses raced off together, prancing through the night sky and along the lake and the trees. The light show they created even got Jo's attention, as he came to the surface to watch.

"We mean that much to you, Loki?"

The question brought my attention to Severus. His eyes shined with emotions. I smiled and wrapped Severus in a hug.

"You and Harry mean everything to me."

I kissed him deeply, showing how much I meant what I said."

Soon we cancelled the spell and we were left in just the light of the moon.

"The three of us should head back."

As we turned to head back to the castle, we noticed we had an audience. Dumbledore and Odin stood a few feet away, watching our magical display. Dumbledore's eyes were doing that sparkling thing. I gave it a chance and glanced at Odin, looking for some ounce of emotion....andddddddd nothing. No emotion what so ever. I should have excepted that. I sighed. Severus noticed how I felt and took my hand in his, giving me some reassurance. I gave his hand a squeeze as we all walked back to the castle in silence. Once inside, we went our separate ways. Severus and I walked ahead, hand in hand, while Odin followed. It was long interesting day and it was only Monday. We all headed straight to bed when we finally reached the rooms and I believe I wasn't the only one wondering what will happen tomorrow.