Chapter 17

The days went by fast for Severus and me. On weekends, Severus gave me lessons on making potions for the Medical Wing. We also went out on weekends to do errands, dinners, and nice winter walks. Tutoring was going well too. Mister Malfoy's grade had gone up and I had no more run-ins with Mr. Malfoy Senior. I got along with many of the students which was big surprise to me. Even when the school population found out Severus and I were together, but then if Severus is happy, no students get detention.

Before I knew it, it was what the students' called Christmas break. I found out Christmas is where you buy gifts for friends and family. Which leads me to my current predicament...

"What to get Severus?"

"Well you know what he likes, right?"

"Of course, Mr Potter. I just think he has everything I can think of already."

"How about making something?"

"Making something? Like what?"

"I don't know. Ron's mother always makes scarfs and sweaters."

"Oh, I see... Are you going home for Christmas break, Mister Potter?"

"No. No...I was going to stay here."

"You're not going home to celebrate?"

"They...they don't really like me. They never did. My godfather said I could live with him, but he's in hiding right now."

"I'm sorry..."

That's when Severus came back from a teacher's meeting.

"Welcome back Severus."

"Hello, Professor."

"Loki. Mister Potter. What are you two up to?"

"Mister Potter is telling me about the holiday of Christmas. Are we staying here for Christmas, Severus?"

"Dumbledore decided he and Minerva will stay this break."

"I get to see your house?!"

"Yes..."

I noticed Harry become gloom and Severus noticed too.

"Is something the matter, Mister Potter?"

"Oh it's nothing Sir."

"Mister Potter is staying at Hogwarts for Christmas."

"Oh?"

He was hoping we were going to be here. I can tell.

I see.

"Will you like to join us for the holiday break, Mister Potter?"

Harry perked up in surprise at Severus's offer. I smiled.

"Really, Professor?! Are you sure?!"

"Yes. Of course."

Suddenly, Harry leaped off his chair and hugged Severus.

"Thank you, Sir. Thank you!"

Then just as quickly, Harry said goodbye and went off to tell his friends that he will be having a Christmas this year. I looked to Severus who stood there in shock.

"Severus? Severus?!"

"Did he just...?"

I smiled.

"He is very happy to spend time with us Severus. I think he is warming up to you. "

"He was quite happy, wasn't he."

"He doesn't have a good home life does he?"

" No. He lives with his Uncle and Aunt who hate magic and if you ever see Harry's cousin, you can tell they don't feed the boy."