Chapter 55

Odin didn't keep me waiting. My after lunch class filed in and right behind them were Dumbledore and Odin.

"By now, you have likely already heard, I have been sitting-in ON classes with the All-father. I hope you don't mind, Professor Loki."

I gave a tight smile.

"Not at all, Headmaster. We will be working on patronuses today."

Dumbledore smiled with excitement.

"Wonderful. This will be an exciting lesson."

They took their seats in the back. Luckily, Harry was in this class, making me less nervous. When I told the class what we were learning, I noticed Harry grin happily.

"To create a patronus you must think of a powerful positive happy memory. Now it is a very difficult charm. When you can master a full patronus, it will became an animal or guardian unique to you. Mr. Potter will you please come to the front of the class."

If I didn't know any better, I would believe Harry was extremely excited as he hurried up to the front. I chuckled.

"Yes, Professor!"

"Now, Mister Potter has already mastered his patronus. Mister Potter, if you would, please."

"Expecto Patronum!"

A huge white stag lept from Harry's wand and pranced around the room until Harry cancelled the spell. I smiled as the students in the room looked on in amazement.

"Thank you, Mr. Potter. Now, everyone grab a partner and practice together. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask myself or Mr. Potter."

The students had a fun time trying to produce their patronuses. Miss Granger was able to produce an otter for a few seconds before it disappeared. Others managed a burst of white light and Harry seemed to be enjoying helping out. But soon, the class came to an end.

"Alright class, that would be all for today. We will practice again tomorrow."

i sighed in relief. Now I had a free period before my last class. Luckily, Umbridge didn't cause any trouble and Odin didn't say anything. Once most of the students left, Harry approached me.

"Loki...I mean, Professor. What is your patronus?"

I smiled.

"I do not know, Harry. I have not attempted the spell yet. I have only read of it."

"Really?"

"Yes, Harry. But I am quite impressed by yours. You have practiced well."

Harry smiled.

"Thanks, Loki."

Suddenly Dumbledore and Odin approached.

"You will have to excuse an old man, but if I heard correctly, you have not produced a patronus."

"No, Sir. I have not attempted one. I don't get to practice charms and spells from only this world. I only read of them."

Harry's eyes glowed with excitement.

"Can you give it a try, Loki?!"

I sighed and raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you have a class?"

Harry didn't give up.

"You can write me a hall pass! Please!"

Dumbledore chuckled.

"I don't see why not, Professor Loki. I am curious as to what your patronus will be."

"Now, Headmaster, not everyone can produce a full patronus."

"Oh, but Professor, you are not everyone. Did you know Severus can produce a full patronus."

"Yes. He told me it was a doe. It represents his treasured friendship with Harry's mother."

Harry's green eyes lit up.

"Severus' is a doe and mine is a stag! That's awesome!"

"Now, Mr. Potter, lets see what Loki's patronus will be."

I raised my eyebrow. This man was extremely too confident in my ability to produce this charm.

I pulled out my wand and concentrated. The book says the hardest part of this charm is finding that powerful positive memory. If I was my old self, I would find this spell impossible, but thanks to my family, it's not. I smiled, as I pointed my wand out and exclaimed...

"Exspecto Patronum!"