Chapter 63

The morning went by pretty quickly. Yes, everyone asked where Umbridge went, but no one really questioned it when the headmaster announced that she will no longer be teaching at Hogwarts. All throughout the day, the only thing playing in my head was "one more day, one more day" and Severus and I will be married. During lunch, Minerva commented that she could feel my excitement rolling off me. It became very difficult trying to act sad for Severus' "illness" and trying to not skip down the halls with excitement for tomorrow.

Harry was just as excited. Once classes ended for the day and I was watching the last of my students walk out the classroom door, Harry came zooming into the classroom. I chuckled.

"Mister Potter. Can I help you?"

Harry stopped to catch his breath before he spoke.

"Can I go home with you, now? I want to help with any last minute preparations!"

"I don't see why not. As long as you bring your homework with you."

Harry rolled his eyes and smiled, as he lifted up a bag holding his homework.

"By now, I know my parental guardians and so I thought ahead."

I smiled.

"Smart lad."

We then made our way to the apartment. When we arrived, we were met with the sight of Mother, Thor, and Severus sitting on couch waiting. That's when Mother jumped out of her seat.

"Oh good, my son, you brought Harry! I'm so excited! I need everyone to try on their outfits for the wedding...I need to make sure everything fits! I love weddings!"

I stared at Mother in bewilderment as she handed us our outfits. Thor smiled.

"She's been like this since yesterday, Brother. She said it was a mother thing."

"Now shoo, all of you to different rooms to change. Severus can not see your outfit before the wedding."

"Mother! I'm not a girl!"

"Yes, alright dear, whatever you say. Now go try those on."

"That was not reassuring, Mother. This better NOT be a dress."

I heard Thor snicker, before I entered a room to change. When I laid out the outfit, I was relieved to see it wasn't a dress. It was a pair of black pants with a satin black button down shirt and a emerald green vest with gold buttons. It was a very human design. Mother had must of done some research. Oh! And last but not least, the Asgardian flare. An emerald green cape that came around the front of my neck, covering my shoulders and pinned together with a emerald embed in a golden pin. Once finished getting the outfit now, Mother knocked to come in and see if any alterations were needed.

"Awe! My son, you look so handsome!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled as mother checked over me.

"I still can't believe tomorrow is the wedding! Are you nervous?"

I took a deep breath. Of course I was nervous. My mother was breathing down the back of my neck about this.

"Yes, Mother. And excited...and worried."

"Worried? About what, dear?"

"Asgard."

"Oh my Loki, that's not for you to worry about. Let us worry about that. You are to focus on Severus only. Oh, and not tripping while walking down the aisle, of course."

Mother smiled innocently as she rose and left the room for me to change out of the clothes.

"Very reassuring, Mother...she's doing that on purpose."

I shook my head and laughed.

After Mother got all the alterations done, she had everyone, including Odin meet in the apartment for a practice run. Did I mention, in the apartment. The throne room is ten times the size of any room in this apartment. Not to mention how awkward Odin and I are when we have to "work together"...

"Odin you are suppose to lead him down the aisle."

"I am not going to be led like some maiden, Mother."

"He is not a lady, Frigga."

"Thank you! We agree on something!"

"You two are impossible."

"Can't we just walk side by side?"

Mother rolled her eyes.

"Odin, how about you place your hand on his shoulder. It will be more like guiding him down the aisle."

"Now I feel like a toddler..."

"Hush, Loki."

My turn to roll my eyes. I then felt Odin place his left hand on my right shoulder. My mind flashed back to the morning I was scared about loosing Severus. I looked away to hide the blush that was beginning to show. It's embarrassing to show such a weakness in front of Odin. I felt the hand on my shoulder push me forward gently, which woke me from my musing.

The rest on the rehearsal went well. Little Frigga enjoyed being the center of attention, as she carried the rings down the "aisle". Once we ended the rehearsal, we all sat down for a small dinner. The conversation was light-hearted and full of excitement for the next day. All to soon, it was time to go to bed. We said our "good-byes" and "goodnights" to Thor and Odin, while Mother stayed behind, so she could make sure we all get up on time.

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep in my room, Grandmother?"

"No worries Harry. I'll make myself comfortable out here."

With a small wave of her hand, the couch turned into a bed.

"Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight Grandmother! Loki! Severus! See you all in the morning!"

Harry, then went to his room to sleep. Mother turned to Severus and I.

"Now off to bed you two. You have a big day tomorrow."

She shooed us off to our room.

"And boys..."

"Yes Mother"

"Remember, no funny business. You must save yourselves for after the wedding."

It got really quiet suddenly as Severus and I slightly glanced at each other.

"You two have been saving yourselves, right?"

"Yes...of course Mother."

Severus and I then hurried to our room like two kids trying to get away before their mother could ground them. When we got in our room, we hurried and got into bed. Once settled in, we looked at each other in silence and suddenly began laughing.

"She's going to kill us, isn't she?"

"I didn't even know that rule was real."

"We got out of there like our lives depended on it."

"It was childish."

"...but funny."

"Indeed. Good night Severus."

"Good night Loki."

As I drifted off into sleep, I smiled for tomorrow was the big day.