Chapter 13

After the magical drain of last night, it was nice to have such a good night's sleep. I really didn't want to get out of bed and start the day, but I knew Severus would be here soon for breakfast. I wonder how he is fairing after last night? I finally decided it was time to get up, but something was off. There felt like there was a weight on my chest. I rubbed my eyes and once my eyes were able to focus on my surroundings, I realized the weight on my chest was...an arm? I look to my side and I literally freaked out and fell out of the bed. That's when I realized, I was still in Severus' room. Shit, Shit, Shit, SHIT! I snuck a look up on the bed to find, strangely, that all the ruckus I made didn't wake him up.

Now what do I do? This would be extremely embarrassing if Sever-

You talk a lot in the morning.

My eyes widened as I felt the blush deepen on my cheeks. Severus leaned over the bed to look down at me.

"Morning Severus..."

"What are you doing on the floor?"

"I...uhh...I...fell?"

Severus became more alert.

"Are you alright? The magic last night didn't backfire on your healing, did it?"

I smiled.

"No, Severus...I just...well... I just was a little shocked when...when I realized I wasn't in my room..."

I started to blush again. Severus propped his head up on his elbow

and smiled.

"A little shocked? I did not think a little shock could knock the god of mischief off the bed."

I pouted as Severus chuckled.

"I figured you would have stayed in my rooms, after how much magic you had to use last night. I just thought we would still be in the sitting area."

"Well we managed to get you to your bed and I bandaged your arm. I guess I was too tired to make it to my room...I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, Loki."

Severus then slid down next to me on the floor. He wrapped one arm around me in a side hug. Suddenly, I felt him place a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you for what you are doing for me, Loki"

I shyly smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek before burying my face into Severus shirt to hide the deepening blush that would soon be permanent, if I didn't stop.

"You're welcome, Severus."

"Would you like to have breakfast here, Loki? Then you can head to your rooms and get ready for the day."

"That will be nice."

We sat down for breakfast when there was a knock at the door. Severus opened the door to reveal the Headmaster.

"I am sorry to disturb you this morning, Severus. I went to visit Loki this morning and when he did not answer...I figured he was here."

Oh shit...can this day be any weirder. I attempted to hide another blushing episode as the headmaster entered the kitchen.

"Good...good morning, Headmaster."

The Headmaster had that weird look in his eyes again.

"Good morning Loki. I see you two are enjoying breakfast. Do you mind if I join you, for breakfast had already begun in the Great Hall?"

"Not at all, Headmaster?"

All three of us sat down to this awkward breakfast. It was silent for most of it until Dumbledore spoke up.

"Severus, my boy, what happened to your arm?"

Severus looked at his arm that was still bandaged from last night. He looked at me.

Should I tell him.

The headmaster will likely find out sooner or later.

"Loki is working on removing the Dark Mark."

Dumblodore's eyes widened in shock.

"That's not possible..."

"It is, Sir. I have already sent my magic through the mark and my magic is currently corrupting the dark magic. It'll take a couple of days to permanently make the mark dormant. Also, I will be creating an illusion for the creator of the mark to think nothing happened. "

"This is wonderful news! You are full of surprises, my boy."

I smiled.

"Thank you, Sir."

"Well, I shall be off. I have intruded enough for today. I'll let you two get ready for the day."

"Good-bye, Headmaster."

As Dumbledore was about to leave, he stopped.

"I guess, if I would like to visit you again, Loki, I'll try here first."

He smiled as he left. Meanwhile, I was blushing madly and sighing dramatically. That was weird and embarrassing. Severus smiled.

"It wasn't that bad. i have had crazier meetings with him."

My head wiped up at him.

"What?! You mean meetings with him are always like...like...THAT?!"

"..yes."

Grrrreat and I have to have monthly meetings with this guy. I sighed heavily as Severus chuckled.

After the awkwardness that was breakfasts, everything seemed to be going smoothly. Study of Magical Creatures tutoring with the three Gryffindors went well. I managed to get three more tutoring sessions for the next day. Lunch was ok...Severus and I tried to avoid all contact with the Headmaster which is really difficult when you sit two to three seats from the man. Once it became dinner time, Severus decided it would be a better idea to have dinner in his rooms.

"Well, today was eventful."

"I'm glad it's almost over...is it the weekend yet?"

"Two more days, Loki."

I rubbed my eyes and sighed. Never thought two days would feel so long. Severus rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"You get use to it."

I smirked.

"Well, I will like to work on that mark again, Severus."

"Are you sure, Loki?You used a lot of magic already."

I sat down on the couch with Severus. I began to unwrap the bandage on his arm.

"I'll be fine. This time it won't hurt as much and I won't have to use as much magic."

"If you are sure..."

I smiled lightly as I began working on the mark. It will take a while, but in two hours I was able to create the illusion and the snake head part of the mark began to fade. I yawned. I guess I had used more magic then I thought, for once again, I was pretty tired. I finished rewrapping Severus's arm in a new bandage.

"You used up to much magic, Loki. We could have waited a day."

I shook my head tiredly.

"No...no...I'm fine. Really."

Severus smiled and pulled me into a hug. I laid my head on his shoulder, resting my eyes. I didn't notice I drifted off until I felt my body being lifted and placed onto a bed.

"Severus?"

"Get some sleep, Loki."

That's when I felt the side of the bed dip and an arm wrap around me protectively. I turned to face Severus and moved closer to the warmth he was giving off.

"Goodnight Severus."