Chapter 5

After I finished my five bowls, I was given my potion. Severus took a quick leave to get some lunch and then grab some work to do. I told him he didn't have to stay, but he insisted. I still had the fever and he wanted to make sure it didn't get worse. While he was gone, I decided to close my eyes for a while. As I was resting, I could hear Pomfrey working on other patients when suddenly I heard my curtain move. I opened one eye and didn't see anyone.

"Hey, mister...i'm sorry to bother you again. I'm Harry. We met the other night."

I inwardly sighed. Severus wasn't kidding. I glared in the direction of this Mister Potter's voice.

"I was just curious what your name was. And why you are here?"

Severus needs to come back now! Shouldn't this kid be at his punishment today?

"Sir? Can't you speak?"

Ding, ding, ding! The boy has finally got the answer right. I glared harder.

"Oh...I'm sorry. You must be frustrated not being able to talk to anyone."

Well, yes, I would if it wasn't for Severus.

Suddenly, I heard those purposeful footsteps.

Severus! The Potter boy is back and under that cloak!

Severus, moved the curtain silently.

"Mister Potter! Remove the cloak. Now."

Potter slowly removed the cloak and looked down at his feet.

"Shouldn't you be at your detention, Potter?"

"Yes, Sir. I'm sorry Sir. I just wanted to know who was here. I didn't know he couldn't talk...Is he going to alright, Sir?"

"He will be fine, if he gets his rest and is not disturbed."

"Yes Sir."

"The question now is what to do for your detention. You disobeyed my orders."

Have him serve it here. He can change the washcloth for my fever, so you can get some work done.

I smirked in Potter's direction.

You know, since he is soooooo curious.

What if he finds out I can speak to you? Would that be alright?

If he swears he won't tell anyone. If so, i give you permission to give him his punishment. You seem to scare him.

I scare everyone.

Not me.

Severus rolled his eyes and smirked.

"Well, I guess you can severe your detention here for the rest of the day...and tomorrow, Potter. Maybe than, you will stay out of trouble."

"But Sir!"

"You will be in charge of changing the washcloth for his fever."

"But Sir!"

"No, "buts" Mister Potter. If you are so curious to meet our residential patient then you shouldn't mind spending the weekend here."

Severus sat down in his chair next to my bed and began grading papers. I could hear Potter sigh in defeat, as he replaced the washcloth on my forehead and sat down in a chair that i didn't know existed on the opposite side of my bed.

You would think he would be more grateful to spend time with me.

I huffed mentally. Severus made a small laugh and shook his head. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Potter glare at Severus.

Does the boy have any questions for me?

Most likely.

"So Mr. Potter? Do you have any questions concerning our patient?"

"Oh, ummmm... I would like to know his name, but he can't speak so..."

"If I was going to tell you what I know, would you promise to keep it a secret? It will not be in his best interest, if people come barging in here asking questions."

Severus glared evenly at Potter.

"I understand Sir. I promise."

"And if I find others with any knowledge I give you, I am given permission to give you whatever punishment I wish to give at anytime."

"By who?!"

"By him."

Severus motions to me and when Mister Potter looks at me, I give him a hard blink in affirmation.

"Wait?...How did-?!"

"His name is Loki. Never say his name outside of here, until he is able to speak. Got it."

"Yes Sir... How?"

"We speak to each other through mind reading. How else did I know you were under your cloak, Potter."

Potter whipped his head to me and I smirk in triumphant.

Stupid boy.

"I would be carful Mr Potter. I've only known him for almost a month and I can tell he likes to cause trouble for others."

"A real Slytherin then, Professor."

"...Indeed."

A what? What's a Slytherin?

"Slytherian is a house, here, at Hogwarts. Slytherin students are known for their sly and trickster like nature."

Trickster nature? Sounds just like me. I like it.

Severus gave a small laugh.

"What did he say, Professor?"

"He likes the idea of being a Slytherin. He said it sounds just like him."

What house is Potter in? How many houses are there?

"Mr Potter is a Gryffindor. Known for their bravery and running into trouble without thinking. There are also Ravenclaw which are known for being smart and Hufflepuff which are known for...well staying out of trouble."

"Hey! Not all Gryffindors run off looking for trouble."

"I'm sorry, let me rephrase that. Gryffindor is known for its bravery and for Potter who always gets into trouble."

I laughed inwardly and smiled widely. Today was very entertaining.

"Hey! I feel outnumbered here!"

"Oh calm down, Mr Potter. You're outnumbered by one."

Potter sighed and glared at the both of us, as he changed the washcloth.