Chapter 45

Before I knew it, the school year was beginning and there was already gossip flying around. The biggest gossip was Harry's return to Hogwarts and Draco Malfoy's disappearance. The next biggest gossip was the pink bitch seating next to me, trying to get me to talk to her. She was literally trying to flirt her way to getting on my good side. I ignored her for Severus instead.

Severus thought my annoyance was amusing.

"Shouldn't you be acting jealous or something?"

He leaned over to look at Umbridge.

"Why would be jealous of...that?"

"...ok, you make a good point, but can't you do something to get her off my back...before I do something I will not regret!"

Severus leaned over again and addressed Umbridge.

"Professor Umbridge, if I may say something."

"Yes, Professor Snape."

"Professor Loki is gay. Please stop. You're just embarrassing yourself. You're not even making me jealous...Thank you for your time."

Severus then turned back to his meal and I could hear a couple of the staff members choking back their laughter including Minerva, whom was seating on the other side of Severus. Thank you Severus.

No problem. Her face is priceless.

Umbridge didn't bother me for the rest of the meal. I think she was still processing what Severus actually said to her. I don't think she realized Severus and I were together. I don't see how she didn't. We were always together."

All too soon it was time for my first 'shared' class. The students began to filing into the classroom. I approached Umbridge, handing her a notebook and quill. She glared at me.

"You will be taking notes of everything you find important for the students to remember."

"Humph. Fine."

She ripped the notebook and quill from my hand and went to sit at the desk. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed the Weasley twins.

"Wouldn't sit there if I were you, Professor Umbridge."

She glared again and sat down. Oh well, I tried...

Class went smoothly with no interruptions from Umbridge, all the came from her were the sounds of furious scribbling of notes worthy of testing. At the end I dismissed the class.

"Fred. George. If you will please stay behind."

The twins approached the front, eyes looking everywhere, but at me.

"Must we go through this again, boys?"

Two three foot long paper scrolls appeared ad I handed them to the twins.

"Three feet of how to pull a prank and not get caught. I will see you two after dinner. I also expect you two have something to say to your new professor."

Umbridge had been sporting a confused look through the who ordeal.

The two twins approached the desk.

"Sorry Professor."

"Now you two may leave."

Once the twins left, I took the notebook from Umbridge.

"I warned you not to sit there."

"What?"

She attempted to get up and found herself stuck to the chair.

"How?! Grrrr....I hate kids!"

I rolled my eyes and with a small hand movement, one of Umbridge's textbooks appeared on the desk.

"The textbook should be able to help you get out of this mess, correct?"

I then walked out of the room to leave her alone in her embarrassment until the next class started. I was taught to a gentleman, you know."

The day was long, but it soon came to an end, the only highlights of this school day was lunch with Severus and seeing Harry in class. Once my detention with the twins ended.I literally skipped my way down to my rooms. All I wanted to do was cuddle with Severus and wish this whole Umbridge thing was a bad dream. Annnnnd...

I hate my luck.

"Professor Umbridge. Are you lost?"

Umbridge was standing at the bottom of the steps of the dungeons.

"I'll have you know, Professor Loki, that if you don't start treating me with respect, I will report you to Fudge and get you removed from your position."

I smirked.

"Under what charges, Professor Umbridge? It's only been one day and everyone makes mistakes on their first day. I know you have never taught before, but I will not be lenient with you. I will not baby you. You will catch on. if not, you can help a different professor. So stop acting like a child and suck it up."

I past her and walked down the hall.

"Get some rest Professor Umbridge. We have another long day tomorrow."

I walked into my rooms and dropped onto the couch very ungraceful-like. I heard Severus walk in from the kitchen.

"Was it that bad?"

"I'm going to kill her. She just threatened to remove me from my position as professor."

"Dumbledore will not allow that."

"I know, Severus."

Severus sat down next to me and pulled me into his lap. I wrapped my arms around him left butterfly kisses from his jaw down to his collar bone before snuggling into his neck. I breathed in his scent and calmed down immensely.

"Hopefully it will get better."

That's not going to happen. Not with me involved.

"You don't know that for sure."

Suddenly there was a knock on our door. I told you. Severus sighed, reluctantly getting up from the couch to answer the door.