Chapter 24

Once we got back, Dumbledore informed us that he already sent Harry's school truck and Hedwig to the apartment. Somehow, he already knew we had succeeded. I was still a little shaken up, but I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. The two most important people to me have forgiven me and accepted me back as family.

You did well, Loki. You have conquered your past, in a way, and faced your problems.

Yet, I don't think that will be the last of my problems. Odin will be back. He did not believe us at all. I gave Harry a hug.

"You are a brave boy, Harry. Foolish, but brave. Thank you."

"Well I am a Gryffindor, right Severus."

Severus smiled.

"Obviously."

We sent Harry to Gryffindor tower to tell Mr. Wealsey and Miss Granger about the new change to this semester. I just hope this "studying aboard" doesn't have to go into next year or longer. That story won't last for long. Severus and I headed back to our rooms with Frigga to wait for Harry.

Once Harry was settled in back at the apartment, we spent the night with him and went over the plan once again. We asked Dobby to make sure Harry gets his breakfast, lunch, and dinner; which the house elf was very happy to do for Harry. I also set up a spell to alert Severus and I, when someone is at the portrait to our rooms.

The next morning, Severus and I waited for Mother to appear before we went to breakfast in the Great Hall. She arrived promptly at 8 a.m. She looked unhappy.

"Hello Mother. Is everything alright?"

My mother smiled sadly.

"Good morrow, Loki, Harry, Severus. I'm fine. Odin and I had a fight. He didn't want me coming here without a guard."

"I'm sorry, Mother."

"It's quite alright, dear. He just has a...what's that mortal saying...has a stick up his ass. Yes! That's it!"

Harry bursted out laughing as I slapped my forehead.

My mother changed the subject, as she raced over to the mantle that held some precious photos of us.

"Awww, what beautiful photos...and some of them move! How wonderful!...I have one of Thor and Jane. May I have one to take home?"

My cheeks started to turn red with slight embarrassment...mothers...

Severus chuckled.

"I don't see why not."

Harry jumped up suddenly.

"I have the perfect one you can have!"

He raced to his room and appeared again holding a photo out to the queen.

"This one is of us during the Christmas holiday. Frigga and my owl Hedwig are in it too!"

My mother sat on the couch looking at the photo.

"I love it, thank you, Harry."

"You're welcome!"

"Well, Loki and I should be heading to the dining hall before classes begin. We will see you all in the evening."

As we left, I turned to Mother and Harry and smiled.

"Have fun."

There was definitely gossip going around about Harry. Dumbledore had already informed the staff of our plan, so Severus and I weren't bombarded by questions. Thank the gods! I felt like my classes took forever. I wanted to get back to the apartment to see if everything was alright and I know Severus felt the same. We were both doing our best reassure each other during lunch.

Once it became dinner, Severus and I decided to check in with Harry and have dinner with him. Now I know how my mother felt when she had to leave us for a time or when Thor and I went on quests. It's nerve-racking.

It's understandable, Loki. We are protective of Harry because he is our family.

I smiled and gave Severus a peck on the cheek as we walked hand-in-hand to our rooms. We flooed to the apartment. When we appeared in the apartment, we found Harry setting the table as mother tried to help.

"Severus! Loki! Dobby was right! He already knew you two were coming here for dinner."

"How'd your schooling go?"

"Great! I also got to teach Grandma too! I read her some chapters on Hogswart's History."

"The history of your school is very interesting."

Severus chuckled.

"Loki said the same thing."

Mother's eyes lit up.

"That reminds me. While we eat, Loki, you can tell me all about the you being bedridden story."

I frowned. She never forgets anything! And she was not suggesting I tell the story; She was ordering me to tell the story. The queen sat down at the table, smiling like see never even said anything. I sighed.

Our first "meet the parent" dinner.

My eyes widened...oh gods help us...it was going to be a long dinner.