Chapter 10

I, apparently, was knocked out for the rest of the night, until I heard a knocking on my door. I slowly got out of bed and made my way to the door.

"Loki? It's almost time for breakfast. Are you awake?"

"Yes. I'm up."

I finally made it the door and opened it. I yawned.

"Good morning Severus. "

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, I did. Thank you...Um...I should probably get dressed."

I made my way to my room, while Severus stood in the lounge area waiting for me. When I made it to my room, I went to the closet and picked out some clothes, when I dawned on me. I don't have any clothes in this world. Hogwarts must have provided them with the room. This school continues to surprise me.

I struggled to put some pants on and as I began to try to get a shirt on, I felt a stiff pain in my neck and shoulders. I felt slightly embarrassed when I realized I needed to ask for help. And Severus at that... I groaned inwardly. I feel so weak.

"Severus?"

"Is everything alright?"

'I'm...having difficulty... getting a shirt on...my neck is really stiff."

Severus quietly opened the door and walked in. I averted my eyes trying not to show my embarrassment.

"It's alright. I can help. The stiffness is likely because of sleeping, but if you don't mind, I want to check the nerves."

"Alright..."

Severus sat me down on the bed and he began checking the nerves, putting pressure on each nerve. Then suddenly he began massaging my neck. I made a sound of delight...which I would never make intentionally, mind you, as the stiffness began to fade. I didn't even notice that I closed my eyes until Severus spoke up.

'It seems you will have to have the muscles massaged before bed and when you wake up, until the muscles loosen. I can ask Madam Pomfrey for a muscle relaxing cream. It's nothing bad. Your muscles are just use to not moving that the moving around you did yesterday tired them out."

"Thank you..."

Severus grabbed my shirt and helped me raise my arms and put the shirt over my head. Before I could grab my button down shirt, Severus had already grabbed it and helped me move my arms through the sleeves. Before I knew it, he was buttoning my shirt for me. I could feel my cheeks redden. Gods, I hope no one at home is watching...

"There. Are you ready for food?"

"Yes. Thank you."

I smiled as Severus helped me make my way to the Dining Hall. I realized that I have never had someone like Severus around. He is the first person who doesn't just goes around pretending to like me. He likes me, because I'm me. Well...until he finds out how much of a monster I am.

Why are you doubting yourself?

You need to stop listening into my thoughts, Severus.

My apologies, but you think too much when we walk these halls. I can almost feel the wheels in your head turning rapidly. Is it something you need to get off your chest?

No...no, it's nothing really. You're right I think too much on these walks. I'm sorry.

"Well then, how about a conversation?"

"About what?"

"Are you nervous?"

"For what?... Oh my first day! I forgot! Did I need to prepare anything?!"

"Calm down. You are a tutor, not a professor so you don't have to worry about any lesson plans. I didn't mean to worry you."

"Oh, no, I'm sorry. I just forgot...which is not like me at all."

"It's alright. You still have yet to settle in. First a good meal will help."

"I am hungry...Are we there yet?"

Severus chuckled. And before I knew it we were at the Dining Hall doors. Wow, having a conversation does make the walk faster.

I told you.

Stop that!

Severus smiled as we walked to the Head Table. The Headmaster greeted us with that weird look again...it's starting to freak me out.

"Good Morning to the both of you. Did you sleep well, Loki?"

"Yes Sir."

"Are you ready for today?"

"I hope so."

"Don't worry, my boy. Severus will be showing you your office and he will be checking in on you between classes."

"Everything will be fine, Loki."

After breakfast which was another great feast, Severus and I made our why back to the dungeons.

"Don't you have a class soon?"

"No, the Headmaster gave me free class periods after breakfast and lunch, so I can help you."

"That was...kind of him."

"Yes it was..."

"So, how close is my office from your classroom?"

"It is just a little aways down the hall."

"Perfect. So can i visit your classes and see what a real potions class is like? I can hide in the back, so I don't disturb you or the students."

"If you wish. It will be very mundane."

"It will be interesting to me though. I will see how much I remember from the books."

"I wish all my students were as eager to learn as you are."

"Well thank you. Where I lived, learning and reading about subjects such as history, medicine, and even magic was not noteworthy, even feminine to all the men except me.

"Well, you are not in that world anymore. Here, you are an exceptionally knowledgeable and strong wizard."

I couldn't believe how much my face burned at the compliment. I almost thought I was just hearing things. I...I didn't even know how to respond.

You don't need to respond.

My eyes shot up to Severus and if I didn't know any better, I think my face got even redder. Severus placed his hands on my shoulders and squeezed lightly.

Don't let any other tell you otherwise.

"Thank you, Severus. Truly."

Once we made it to my office, i noticed a large portrait. The portrait was of a knight with blond hair and blues eyes with his helmet tucked under his shoulder...grrrrrreat he reminds me of Thor.

"Hello, young man. Are you the new owner of this office?"

I stared blankly at the portrait...the talking portrait.

"Severus...Did the portrait just talk to me?"

Severus smiled lightly.

"This is the entry way to your office. You have to give the portrait your password to get to the door to your office."

"Do all the offices have one?"

"Yes, and rooms."

"My room has one?! I don't remember a portrait."

"You were too tired, every time we got to your rooms, to notice. The portrait just stands aside for you and me, for now."

"Oh..um...hello Sir. I am the new owner of this office. As for a password,..."

"It can be any word, Loki."

"Hmmmm...Big Oaf."

Severus chuckled and I smiled, deciding that was the perfect password. The portrait stood aside and my door to my office appeared.