Chapter 3

The days began to blend together. The only thing keeping me from going even more insane then I already am, was Severus' visits. His visits, at least, told me when it was the start of a new day and the end of a day. With my magic weak, healing was taking a lot longer then usual and I spent most of my time sleeping.

Today, I woke up to find Madame Promfey speaking to the elderly woman with the pointy hat.

"I understand the Headmaster will like to speak with my patient, but he is unable to speak at the moment, let alone swallow a potion or food. Albus will have to wait."

"I understand that, but the Headmaster is becoming impatient. It's been over two weeks. The students who come to the medical wing wonder and gossip about the closed off bed. Mister Potter and his friends have been found snooping outside the Wing more than once."

"No wonder Mister Potter has been complaining about a stomach ache when nothing is wrong with the boy."

What are they talking about? Who is this Mister Potter? Where is Severus?

Suddenly, Severus walks in with the potions.

Thank the gods! Finally!

"Sorry I'm late, I found Potter wondering the hall just outside the hospital wing."

"See! The students are suspicious!"

"Suspicious of what Minerva? There is nothing to be suspicious about. We are healing a wounded man who needed help, nothing more."

Snape takes his seat by my bed.

"Good morning. I hope those two didn't ignore your presence to much."

I glared. Of course they did!

"Oh dear! I didn't see you were awake!"

I rolled my eyes.

Who is this Mister Potter? And why is my presence causing an uproar among your school?

Severus began to give me my potions.

Mister Potter is a very popular student at this school. His fame is legendary even before he knew about it. It's a pretty long and sad story, but he is also a student known for getting into trouble often. As for the suspicion...

Snape sighed.

Children and their imaginations. One rumor, they are spreading, is that the Headmaster has resurrected a powerful wizard from the dead. Interesting, right?

I stared, blankly, at Severus.

You've got to be kidding me...Why doesn't your Headmaster tell the students about me being healed here?

Because we don't know who you are and if you are dangerous to the students.

That's understandable...You haven't told anyone that you have been speaking to me?

No. If I did, they would make me ask you questions that I don't think you are well enough to answer yet. You still need rest.

Thank you. That was nice of you.

It's not a problem, Loki.

Madam Pomfrey came into view, looking at Severus with concern.

"Severus? Severus?! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Poppy have you checked his throat today?"

"Not yet."

Promfrey moves to the other side of the bed.

"I should do that now while you are awake."

She gently began to massage my throat. The pain was lessened, thanks to the potion. Suddenly, I felt myself swallow a little. It surprised me and it hurt a bit.