CHAPTER #1

Having run out of liquor at home, Hiroomi Tosaka was out shopping. So no one would recognize him, he wore a black snapback pulled low over his eyes and a dark blue face mask. He was in a grey oversized hoodie and black ripped jeans. He was just another shopper in the store, as he chose his favourite beer and some whisky. It was an argument at the checkout counter that attracted his attention.

"Dad I can't afford another bottle. One is enough." The girl was paying for the purchase.

Hiroomi thought her hair was attractive and kept an eye on her as she left the store with her father. Looking outside, he was surprised when the father slapped his daughter hard across the face, to the point the girl fell to the ground. The father kicked her in the ribs and none of the people in front of him, helped her as they left.

"That man will kill his daughter one day," the cashier sighed.

Paying for his purchase, Hiroomi began to leave the store and saw the father stumble up the street. He was going to mind his own business, but when he saw her struggle to stand, his hand automatically reached out to help her.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Emotionally maybe, physically the kick to the ribs hurt, but it's just a bruise. Thanks for the assist."

"Do you have to go home with him?"

She smiled, "no I don't live with my dad. Once a month he comes to harass me. Sorry, I forgot my manners, I'm Mizuki."

"Hiroomi." He noticed her first name meant beautiful moon.

Mizuki looked in her backpack and pulled out her Sony a7R IV camera and other cameras and lens attachments, to make sure her fall didn't damage them.

"You're a photographer?"

"Yeah. Just got the new Sony camera, it has the best autofocus system and amazing high resolution."

"Hobby or career?"

"I'm a freelance photographer. I have a contract with FRUITS magazine and my own blog too.  Are you interested in photography?"

"I'd say I'm an amateur compared to a professional like you," he smiled, even though she couldn't see it.

"Would you like to get a drink Hiroomi? It's on me...."

He looked at his watch, "sure."

"We can walk there, it's not far from here, just a block over. It's a small bar, not many people, but their prices are good and they don't water down their booze."

As they went down the side walk, she stopped to take a picture of something across the street. Then after checking the screen, continued on. She opened the door and walked down some stairs into the bar. Saying hello to the bartender, Mizuki found a booth almost near the back of the bar. The lighting was dim, so Hiroomi took off his mask, but left on his snapback.

She ordered first, "I'll have a sake Mojito please."

He asked for his preferred beer.

Finding her phone, she pulled up her Instagram account. "This is just for fun, not work."

There were pictures of plants, bugs, people, buildings, animals and more. Some were over exposed and artistic, while other photos focused on its subject with vivid clarity. It was the landscape photos that included the moon, that captured his attention the most.

"These are really good. Have you ever done a gallery showing?"

Mizuki laughed, "I'm not that skilled. No one would come."

Lifting his hat up, so he could look her in the eye, Hiroomi said, "you should believe in yourself, the camera does."

"Thanks." Leaning forward so he could hear her whisper, "you're Hiroomi Tosaka from J.S.B right?"

"What gave me away?" He asked quietly.

"Your voice tipped me off before you gave your first name. But don't worry, your fans would never come to a dive like this."

"Are you a fan of J.S.B?"

"Some songs, I prefer your solo work," Mizuki said bluntly. "You're more down to earth than some of the idols I've worked with."

Hiroomi smiled, "so you won't expose me once we're back outside?"

"Nope. Everyone deserves privacy. Being an idol or in entertainment is your job, your stage personality. When you're not doing it, then you're like everyone else. Sorry, were you expecting me to act like a gushing fangirl?"

He toasted her and took a sip of his beer. "Your honesty is refreshing."

"Some people don't like how blunt I am... Thank you for helping me back at the store."

"You might want to put some ice on your left cheek, it looks red... even in low light."

"Thanks for not asking why I let him do that to me," Mizuki sighed and finished her drink.

"None of my business."

She nodded and played with her hair, wrapping a piece around a finger. "I've tried everything else, it's faster to just deal with him and go."

"I'm not judging you, don't worry."

"You're a few years older than me, so I'd respect your opinion."

He grinned, "what year?"

"I'm April 1991."

"You're intriguing."

Her smile exposed perfect white teeth. "Here's my LINE id. You already know my Instagram." Her cell phone buzzed and she glanced at it. Then added, "if you want to chat again or have a drink, message me. I've got to go, I'll pay for your drinks on my way out. Nice meeting you."

And just as quickly as they'd met, she left. Hiroomi finished his beer. It was a first for him; that she didn't ask for an autograph or his cell number and didn't hit on him. He looked for a selfie photo on her Instagram and there wasn't one. Realization hit him that he wanted to see her again. There were lots of pretty Japanese girls at his concerts, but Mizuki's look was a little more alluring than the average asian girl. Maybe it was her style, or eyes or long hair, that spiked his interest. He wasn't sure what it was, but wanted to discover the reason.

For her she had left first because when he had looked her in the eyes, Mizuki felt her heart hammer faster. It had been so long since the last guy, that she had forgotten that feeling and a part of her was scared to face the unknown. Hiroomi Tosaka was a well known Japanese pop and R&B singer, wanting anything beyond their chance meeting was an unrealistic dream. She normally was a lot more grounded, so day dreaming about second encounters made Mizuki frustrated with herself.