CHAPTER #9

After that intimate night, neither had free time for weeks. Mizuki did courier over one of the framed photos from those taken at the beach, the night of their moonlight picnic. She had edited it only to make the moon a little more clear, since the lens had been focused on Hiroomi himself. It was a picture of him standing in front of the huge moon, with the light reflecting off the water, as if it where stairs to heaven. She had taken it from between some rocks, which naturally framed the scene. Almost like peeking in on something magical. It was a fantastic shot and she signed the back of the photo, titling it Claire de Lune. When Hiroomi arrived home in the early am, he received the package and when he saw the photo, all his exhaustion disappeared. He sent her a LINE voice message thanking her and immediately put the photo up above his bed. His appreciation of her skills and the stuff she did to show him she cared, slowly were making the rock wall around his heart crumble. Whenever she knew he was filming or at a photoshoot within the Tokyo area, she sent him a bento box with sushi and his favourite sauce. He'd never met anyone so caring and who took pride in the little things. He wanted to show off his girlfriend to his group mates of J Soul Brothers and of course Takahiro. When JSB decided to go for an evening dinner group get together, he told Mizuki the date and time, hoping she'd be able to come. After shuffling her schedule around, she sent him confirmation. It would be a night where she'd complete work and go straight to Ise Sueyoshi restaurant, which was on the 3rd floor of the Tokyo Mizuno building.

Mizuki hoped that there was no dress code at the restaurant. She was wearing low waisted black cargo pants, with black Nike kicks, a white distressed tank top under a signed Yokohama FC jersey. The light blue jersey always got a lot of attention, since all the players had signed the shirt, after promotional photos were completed for FIFA (international governing body of association for football [soccer]). The team had shown her appreciation, by giving her the jersey. To her delight, Hiroomi was waiting for her at the building entrance.

"Hi, is this okay or is there a dress code here? I didn't have time to check."

"No dress code." Hiroomi gave her a hug and kiss hello and then his brain registered what shirt she was wearing. "What do I have to do to get that jersey from you?"

She laughed, "I knew you were a soccer... er football fan, but don't tell me this is your favourite team?"

"Yeah, since I was a kid Kazuyoshi Miura has been my favourite player... how did you get them to give you a jersey and all sign it?"

"Maybe we'll do a trade... let me think on it."

As they walked into the restaurant she explained about working with the team for promo pictures. She was talking about receiving the signed jersey, when they came to the table where the JSB members sat. They all stood up and introduced themselves. Feeling a little overwhelmed, she held his hand a little tightly. He let go of the hand and put his arm around her.

"They act like dogs sometimes, but I won't let them bite you," Hiroomi joked.

She laughed and relaxed. "Is Takahiro and his wife joining us too?"

"No. Just Takahiro will be coming a little later."

"So I'm the only woman here all night?"

Takanori came forward then, "I'll protect you from all these guys Mizuki, don't worry."

"Thanks, but I think based on the High and Low movies, that Hiroomi is the better fighter and therefore the only one who needs to protect me."

Takanori acted like Mizuki stabbed him in the heart. "She's savage and totally biased."

"Most of his fans are," Naoto laughed.

Naoki asked, "so you're the Mystery Woman from the fashion show?"