CHAPTER #3

The whole time leading up to and during the two weeks that Mizuki was out of the country, Hiroomi and her talked via the LINE app. Sometimes it was just a short message and other times there was even audio left. Either she initiated or he did. Both looked forward to the evenings and what they'd talk about next. For him, while she was out of the country, her messages came two hours early, due to the time difference between Thailand and Japan. If he wasn't done for the day, he made time to check her messages. Their friendship strengthened as they learned new things about each other. Work was their lives, but not everything.

Hiroomi received a direct text from Mizuki, she was back in town. He finished the cycle of weights he was lifting and then got a towel, before sitting down to text a response. His reply contained the days that he wasn't busy and the nights where he was home early. She chose one of the evenings and told him to text her his address on that day.

** ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ **

On the chosen day, Hiroomi texted his address and the best time to come over. Then Mizuki went to the market, as she wanted him to eat a homemade meal. After shopping she planned what to make and when, so that it would be hot enough still for her arrival. She cooked, showered and changed into a pair of grey ripped skinny jeans and a distressed white tank top, over which she wore an oversized black zip up hoodie. It was the comfortable clothes she preferred.  A pair of dangling earrings and a pony tail threaded through a black snapback, which matched her Nike kicks, completed the look. With food in a hot bag, she called a cab and gave over the address. The drive wasn't long and then Mizuki was at his door.

Hiroomi was in blue ripped jeans and a Gucci t-shirt, which she found to be casual and yet still sexy. He had gold hoops in his ears and studs through the other piercings. He seemed to always be stylish and as he was dressed, they could've gone out for dinner too.

"You got tanned while you were out of the country," he observed after greeting her at the door. She took off her hoodie and he put it on the coat rack. "So where did you travel to?"

"Didn't I tell you last time Hiroomi?"

He shook his head negatively.

"I was in Thailand for a swim wear photoshoot. To be specific we had to hike to Erawan Falls, Kanchanaburi. It's beautiful, but I could've done without the bugs when we went through the thick rainforest. The mosquitoes were huge. The photos I took for my blog and personal collection, turned out amazing. The water there is emerald green."

"Did the swim suit models have to hike in too?"

"We had two models and they rode mules most of the way, but there was a stretch they both had to hike too. I should've brought my camera so you could see the pictures. I guess I left my brain at home."

"Just show me another time. I'll bring my camera and you can give me tips."

"I'm hungry are you?" She asked.

"Definitely. I wasn't sure if you wanted to eat out or stay in."

Mizuki answered by putting Sapporo and Kirin beer on the table. Looking in the bag, she found the bottles of Sake and put them out too. Next from the hot bag she retrieved containers of food.

Noticing the drinks first, Hiroomi asked, "are you wanting to do sake bombs?"

"That's too messy, but since I got a ride here, I can drink as much as I want. And my day tomorrow is just studio work. I can do that whenever. Let's eat, I'm hungry." Mizuki took off the lids. "Help yourself."

She'd made spicy chicken meatballs with Tare sauce and then miso sauce on the side. There was also steak over rice and vegetable tempura (that included: shiitake mushrooms, kabocha squash, lotus roots, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes). There were dipping sauces that were salty, sweet-sour and umami, because she didn't know his preference.