CHAPTER #13

Both Hiroomi and Mizuki were going to a Paris fashion show, but once again arriving at different times. She arrived earlier in the week to work at the event under contract with Harper's Bazzar, while he was just invited as a guest. He was registered under her name for the hotel room. Mizuki was wearing a dark purple business suit, that had slits in the pants and the top was short sleeved with crisscross strapping on a cut out area on the sides. It was just the right amount of sexiness for the fashion industry, while remaining professional. The whole week she'd had fashion forward clothing, while working. Hiroomi found her outfits all hung up neatly in the closet, but still had room for his things. For a moment he wondered if that's what their closet would look like if they lived together.

The runway show was the highlight of the fashion week, which showcased mens and womens business wear. Hiroomi saw Mizuki working at the end of the runway. She was using her Sony camera, which he recognized from the first day they'd met. He had a front row seat and so could watch her and the show. After the show, there would be an afterparty as usual. For that she didn't have to work and they agreed to meet inside. At the show, he did recognize some of the models and other famous attendees.

As with previous fashion shows, he tried to avoid some of the women that approached him. He disliked the clingy women, that thought they could get any man, if they showed either enough skin or were seductively inviting. Most were beautiful, but since being with Mizuki, he had lost interest in everyone else. Their eyes met, when she walked in to the afterparty on the arm of the designer. She excused herself and began to move towards him, but was stopped by the Editor in Chief of Harper's Bazaar. Directly after that, Hiroomi noticed another famous Japanese actor, trying to intercept her. His jealousy ramped up when Masaki Okada put his hand on Mizuki's back and then had her laughing. Together they met up with Hiroomi, who was polite but annoyed.

"Masaki do you know Hiroomi?" Mizuki asked, moving to her boyfriend's side.

"We've met at award shows," Hiroomi said and shook the other man's hand. "How do you know each other?"

"I've worked with her, she's a fantastic photographer."

When Mizuki didn't tell the guy, that Hiroomi was her boyfriend, his eyes shot daggers at her. She'd have to be blind not to see he was angry, but she didn't know why. Once the other actor was dragged away by a model, Mizuki tried to ease the tension between them. "Masaki and I have worked together often, he's a regular client."

"You didn't tell him we're a couple. Trying to keep your options open?" Hiroomi asked harshly.

"Not at all, you know I keep my personal life private. Why are you so angry?"

"He had his hands all over you."

Mizuki was getting angry too. "So you don't trust me, like I do you?  Is that it? You think that I invited his flirtations?"

Hiroomi shrugged, "that's what it looked like."

She was completely heart broken and a great day was ruined by his jealous remarks. It reminded her of the hateful things her ex use to say. Unable to believe that Hiroomi was saying these things to her and was so jealous, made her leave him standing there by himself. She was hurt and angry herself, all at the same time. Leaving the event without him, Mizuki went to the hotel room and packed up. She called the airline and changed her flight to one that was in four hours instead of the next day. It was the first time he'd ever been angry with her and hence their first fight as a couple. As Mizuki left the hotel, she spoke with a secretary at Harper's Bazaar, that she had a family emergency and had to immediately return to Japan. Mizuki arranged a conference call time for the next afternoon. Working on the plane and then later at home, would help keep her mind off of what had happened between her and Hiroomi. She turned her cell phone off, not wanting to speak to him or anyone else.