CHAPTER #5

Work kept them both busy for the next two months and they only saw each other via video chat. That's how they found out, each of them had received an invitation to a Tokyo fashion show and the afterparty. They decided to meet at the afterparty, due to all the media attending the fashion event. At the afterparty, the media would remain outside as it was a private celebration and only those with registered invitations could attend.

Hiroomi felt she was at the afterparty, before he saw her. He watched her from across the room. Mizuki was elegant and yet seductive, he couldn't take his eyes off her. Everyone seemed to want her attention, both the men and women at the party. Her dress was a shimmering satin of lavender colour, which he could just imagine the effect on her eyes. A slit went to just above her knee on the left side, giving them a peak at her beautiful toned legs. When she turned around, Hiroomi could see that it was a low cut bare back, with crossing spaghetti straps. Some how even the modest neckline was sexy. Her long hair was perfect, in a half up half down style, where a sparkling strand captured the lights. Not even the hired models or women with more revealing dresses, could draw his attention off Mizuki. Determined to find a moment to whisper his praise in her ear, Hiroomi slowly made his way in her direction.

He himself was dressed in an all black Giorgio Armani suit, with diamond stud earrings that matched his watch. On Hiroomi's right wrist he wore a black opal bracelet, that had hints of blue or red fire. He played it cool, talking to whomever approached him, but keeping the conversations short for the most part. Some of the designers, he gave more attention to, but never lost track of Mizuki.

"I wish Miss Takara would model, she'd be perfect for my new line." A designer complained wistfully. "But Takara won't do it no matter how much money I offer her, she prefers to stay behind the camera. Wasted beauty."

"It's not a waste, when Mizuki graces us with her presence, dressed like she is tonight," the designer's companion countered.

"Are you dissatisfied with her photography?" Hiroomi asked casually.

"Never, she can draw out details that most can't. Naturally talented or maybe she's just learned to capture magic."

He smiled, "that's quiet the compliment."

"She could convince me I'm not gay." The designer laughed and his partner pouted.

Hiroomi left them, took two glasses of champagne and made his way to Mizuki. "Care for a fresh glass?"

Mizuki smiled and then whispered, "too bad it's not a flask with whisky."

He laughed, then leaned closer to her ear, "you are a goddess tonight."

She blushed, "there are a lot of beautiful women here."

"None like you. That colour brings out the green in your eyes."

"You're the most handsome man here. I'm making the other women jealous, because you're by my side and not theirs," Mizuki gave her own compliment.

"Do you want to go out on to the balcony, the breeze relieves the stuffy air." Hiroomi offered his hand to her.

She accepted it, putting the empty glass on a passing tray, then let him lead her away. He was right, the breeze lifted the heaviness in the warm air. Mizuki giggled when he pulled a black flask out of his breast pocket.

"As requested, I aim to please," Hiroomi smirked.

"You're my hero!" Mizuki uncapped the flask and took a swallow of the whisky. She handed it back to him, but he didn't drink any. "Did you drive here?"

"Yes, why? Do you want to run away with me?"

Again Mizuki giggled, "can we?"

"Do you want our escape to be dramatic or in secret?"