CHAPTER #19

Mizuki still would only model for Hiroomi.  She did promise Hiroomi, that if he ever had his own fashion show either in NY or Paris, she'd model for him. He even got it in writing.  However when he encouraged her to let Rinko go public with her fireworks festival photos, she finally agreed. He didn't ask her often to come from behind the camera, because he was happy with her being just his. Sometimes they were each other's muse and they both inspired the other. With his encouragement in the new year, during the second week of April, she did a gallery show of her photos and too many people came; designers, models, entertainment industry people, photographers, media, etc. But it was a bidding war over one of the larger framed moonscapes, that made her finally believe in herself.

Being in love was something new to Mizuki, she'd never even received love from her parents to go by. Because of how she trusted and loved Hiroomi, sex with him now transcended all, like their souls were connected. They had awakened a pure light within each other's heart. They gave to each other mutually and inclusively. He'd never had someone who gave themselves over to him so completely, without expecting anything in return. He understood as did she, that only they could destroy each other, but never wanted to. This wasn't unconditional love, because only animals could do that.  The condition was they had to be truthful and communicate, like he had said from the start. They had fights, but tried not to go to bed angry and to forgive and move on. In that way, she was unlike any other woman he'd ever met, because she didn't hold past transgressions over his head and revive them in fights. He was like no other to her, because of his patience, understanding and love. They mutually supported each other and continued to find out new things together.

By the end of May, Hiroomi had everything planned and ready for his proposal to Mizuki. They both had June 5th and 6th off work. All she knew is that he had a surprise for her that evening and to wear comfortable clothes with walking shoes. The night before their walk, it rained a lot and he was worried that everything would be delayed, especially when Hiroomi woke up and saw a mist lingering.  All afternoon the mist hung in the air. They didn't mind, because he took her to the Mori Building Digital Art Museum Epson teamLab Borderless exhibit in Odaiba. It was visually stunning and interactive, with each room allowing you to move to the next. It truly felt like they were the only ones there and in a different universe. For Mizuki, who's life was focused on the visual aspects of the world, it tantalized her senses. She didn't even care, that Hiroomi hadn't allow her to take her camera.  She understood why; because this was meant to be seen with the naked eye and not through a lens. Once they came out of the exhibit, he took them to the bullet train at Tokyo station. Both used their separate Japan Rail passes to book their trip, with Mizuki following his lead.

"So we're going to Kyoto? I'm glad we're taking the train, so it will only be two and a half hours."

Hiroomi smiled, "dinner reservations are at the Premium Pound Kyoto Ekimae restaurant. I know Chef Tomoyoshi, through my parents. The food is amazing."

"I've never been there, thank you for planning such an amazing adventure, Hiroomi"... she paused and then whispered in his ear, "my love."

He took her in his arms, while they waited for the train's arrival. "I'm so proud of you Mizuki, for allowing yourself to say that to me."

"You believe me right? I would never betray you, like what you said your exes have done... I'd rather die, than have your heart bleed pain."

"You're words so dramatic. Never mind how you paint the world with your camera, your words do justice all on their own. I hope you don't die until you're super old." Hiroomi kissed her nose and she giggled.

They snuggled on the train, making out just a bit, since there was no privacy. They shared earbuds and listened to music and then some comedy skit.  In no time they arrived at Kyoto station. They got off the train and took a taxi to the restaurant. Hiroomi had a reservation, so they were immediately seated at a private booth. It didn't take long for Chef Tomoyoshi to come and say hello to them. He made some recommendations and had a server immediately take their drink orders.