Chapter Five: Confusion

"So will you forgive me?", he asked and looked me in the eye. After fifteen minutes of apologizing to me on our walk he had asked. I sighed to myself. "Sure Dylan", I smiled slightly and looked at him as he leaned for a kiss. No this isn't right. Then I backed up. "Um Dylan it's getting late we should get back to the center." "Right", he said and took my hand as we walked back to the community center.

Then we walked in to people cleaning up and kids putting on their jackets. "Isabelle where have you been it's been an hour since you left", Cameron came up to me as he handed me my bag. "Uh I went on a walk, have you seen- "Isabelle hey! I just wanna say thanks for helping out you were a big help!", Mrs. Willow said and hugged me. "Oh no problem, anything for you!", I said. "And next time don't try and steal my grandsons lasagna", she winked. "Okay sure thing- wait Jim's your grandson?!"

She laughed and put on her hat. "We'll see you around Isabelle!", she said and walked away happily. "Yeah see you around." "Well you learn something new everyday don't ya?", Hayes patted my back and handed me my jacket. "Yeah I guess we do um can we talk?", I asked putting on my jacket. "Sure...well I am your ride so", he laughed. "Right", I said and we walked out to the car. Once I got in the passenger seat and he drove off. "So let's talk", he said. "Well do you like just have that one friend and think you might have feelings for but you feel your just not good enough for?"

"What makes you ask that?"

"Oh um... Well I have this friend ya see and she feels that way", I said looking out the window and biting my lip.

"Oh that's funny because I have a friend that feels exactly the same way", he said running his fingers through his hair.

"Well any advice?", I asked looking at him as he stopped at a light.

"I think that our 'friends' should just come out and say there feelings", he said facing me.

"Me too", I said staring deep into his eyes.

"Really?", he asked pushing some hair behind my ear.

"Yeah", I said as we leaned toward each other.

"HOOONNNKK!!!" We both jumped apart and Hayes drove ahead through the green light. "I-I'll be sure to tell my friend that", he said. "Me too", I huffed.

***********

"No Lexi we were this close though!", I said on the phone and flopped on my bed. "Then what's the problem?!" I huffed. "I think I might be falling for Hayes", I said and I could basically hear her gasping. "You know I knew it! I knew it from the start. I always knew you two were meant for each other.", she said as I rolled my eyes and sat up in my blue robe. "Well what do I do?", I asked.

"The obvious! Tell Hayes you love him and can't live without his breathing sensation when your around him!", she yelled. "Uh your such a drama queen, listen I'll call you tomorrow", I said running my hands through my wet hair. "Piece of cake", she said. "Piece of Pie", I replied and hung up. I sighed and went to my desk where my laptop was. I opened it to go on YouTube but guess what? Yep dead.

"Uhh now what?!", I yelled. I grabbed my phone and went through my apps. "I need some new apps", I said. I went to the App Store and scrolled through the apps. "No, no, no", I said going through boring apps. "What's this?"

"Wattpad?", I questioned and tapped on it. I yawned. "Nah I'll probably just get some sleep", I said and put my phone down. I took off my robe and changed into some pajamas. I braided my hair to the side and got into my bed. "I wonder what wattpad is?", I thought as I turned off my lamp.