Chapter Fifteen: Happy Birthday?

Yep one year later. So here I am. Midnight in the dark. Crying. On a park bench. With a puppy. On my birthday. How did I get here you ask? Well, let's rewind to this morning.

***************************************************************************************************************

It was a Saturday morning and also just happened to be my birthday. I jumped out of my bed smiling and hoping to see a breakfast prepared for me on the kitchen table. But when I got in the kitchen, no breakfast. My smile disappeared and I looked all around the table. I looked under it. "Isabelle what are you doing?", Hayes asked and I bumped my head from under the table. "Oww", I said coming out from under the table holding my head. "I uh was looking for something", I lied. "What were you looking for?", Hayes asked confused.

"My speck of dirt, oh there it is!", I said picking up one from the ground. "Yeah okay", he smirked and began popping him some popcorn. Guess no breakfast. I went to my room to check my phone to see if I got any happy birthday texts. Not one. I checked all my social medias. The only ones I got were from my fans. No family or friends. I rolled my eyes and went back to the family room. Hayes was eating popcorn and watching tv. "Hey do you know what today is?", I asked.

"Saturday", he answered. "Could you be more specific?", I growled walking over to him. He looked up with buttery lips. "The fourteenth?", he asked and I smacked the popcorn bowl up into his face. "What was that for?!", he asked. "Reflexes!", I yelled storming into my room. I called up Jim. "Izzy Azalea", he answered. "Hey do you know what today is?", I asked. "Yeah May 14th", he answered. I hung up. "Seriously people!", I yelled. Then my phone rang. "Hello?", I answered.

"Isabelle where are you?!", Sylvia yelled into the phone. "What do you mean?! I have the day off remember it's my birthday!", I yelled. "Are you insane? You do work today! Don't get your bracaś in a twist. Now get your butt over here now and don't waste no time", she said. "Ugh!", I yelled and hung up. "No it's my birthday and I'm gonna take all the time I want", I said and started getting ready.

About two hours later I arrived at the place and I walked in. "What don't you understand about don't waste time!", Sylvia yelled and I rolled my eyes. Then she started cursing me out in Spanish and I just went to my desk. "Look I'm not gonna be here long because I'm really trying to enjoy myself on my birthday and- "Yada Yada ya! Birthdays. ", Sylvia said and went to work. "Hey can you get some stuff out the printer for me", Sylvia asked. "But I never used that printed before, it's bigger than me", I said. "Please", she asked. "Fine", I rolled my eyes. "Okay I'll send the pictures to you, yu just send them to printer two", she said. I clicked the pictures I received in my computer, and sent them to the printer. I walked over to the printer and the worstest thing happened.

When I clicked the 'go' button, it shot out piles of paper at me sending me the ground. "Somebody turn that thing off!", I yelled and someone shut it off. "Isabelle what have you done!", my boss said. "I-I was just getting paper out the printer", I said. "Printer two?!", he yelled. "Yeah it's just that I've never used this one before", I said. "That printer has been out of order for years! Haven't you noticed?!", he yelled. "But my job is to just take pictures and edit them here and turn them into you! I never print them out, I said. He sighed.

"Whatever everyone get back to work!", he yelled and I gave Sylvia a death glare. "Sorry", she mouthed. I went over and grabbed my bag. "Where are you going?", she asked. "I'm a grown woman I can go anywhere I want", I said walking out the door and getting in my car. I drove to Lexi and Jim's house. I knocked on the door and Zoe answered. "Hi Auntie Izzy!", she said and hugged me. "Hey Zoe bug", I said and walked in the house. "Hey Izzy", Lexi said coming up to me. "Hey", I said. "What brings you here?", she asked. "Oh I just wanted to know if you knew what today was?", I asked hoping my best friend wouldn't forget.

"May 14th", she said happily. "I know that, but isn't it like a more specific date? You know like a holiday or something?", I asked. "Oh my grapes!", she said surprised and slapped her cheeks. "I'm so sorry Izzy, I forgot", she said and hugged me. "It's national pancake day! And I know how much you love pancakes", she said and rubbed my shoulders. "Let's go make some pancakes honey!", she said and hugged Zoe. "I'm outta here!", I threw my hands up in the air and headed toward the door. "Wait! Aren't you gonna stay for the pancakes?!", she yelled after me. "I'd rather eat rocks!", I yelled back.

"Uhh fine!", I yelled and went in my car. I drove down the road and then all of a sudden it stopped. I tried starting it over and over again, but it wouldn't start. "Oh come on!", I hit the wheel and the trunk popped open. I opened my door and got out the car. When I shut the door, my alarm went off. "Stupid car!", I kicked it and hurt my leg. "Ow ow ow!", I held my leg in pain. "Ugh! I hate life!", I yelled in the sky and it started raining. "Great", I said and started walking down the road. It had began to get really dark and I'm not sure if I had walked the right way.

The rain had finally toned down around midnight and I began to realize where I was. I was just down the street from Cameron and Nash. They probably don't wanna bother with me anyways. I sat on a park bench and looked around. I saw a puppy chewing on a cracker till these birds took it away. It whimpered and laid it's head down lonely. I began crying looking at the lonely puppy wishing I had Hayes. Then the puppy jumped on the park bench leaning against me. Then my phone vibrated. I forgot I had that. I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?", I sniffled. "Isabelle are you okay?! Where are you?", Hayes asked. "The park down the street from Cameron's and Nash", I sniffled. "Are you okay?", he asked. "Yeah, in fact I-I got a new puppy", I said and his car pulled up in front of me. "Good", he said and got out the car. I picked up the puppy holding it and he came to me and hugged me. "Where have you been? I've been trying to reach you all day", he said worried. I looked at my phone.

76 missed calls
42 text messages

"Oh", I sniffled. "Must of had it on vibrate", I said holding the puppy close. "Here I have something that will cheer you up", he said and I got into the car. He got in the passenger seat and we started driving towards Nash and Cameron's house. "Why are we- "You'll see", he said and pulled in the driveway. There were many cars parked around. He lead me out with my new puppy. "I'm sorry if you thought I forgot", he said and kissed my cheek. He opened the door and it was dark. He held my hand and led me in. Then the lights came on a spotlight and I couldn't believe who was standing there........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the next chapter! There's also three more chapters counting the epilogue of the book! Bye you naughty llamas!