Chapter Nineteen: Mother knows Best

HAYES

Around eleven pm was when I got home. I had been working all day. I assumed Lexi was over because lights were on. "Izzy?", I called into the apartment. I saw Skittles laying down and I petted him. "Isabelle?" I went to our room and the bathroom light was on. I knocked on the door. "Isabelle are you in there?", I asked. I opened the door and she was sitting on the sink. "Are you okay?", I asked and she stared at me. "Your scaring me", I said.

"I'm pregnant", she lightly smiled. I looked at seven pregnancy test scattered across the floor. A smile grew on my face. "Really?!", I exclaimed. "Two weeks", she nodded. I picked her up and swung her around in the air. "I can't believe this, I'm gonna be a dad", I said kissing her. "I know it's amazing", she laughed. "And your gonna be an amazing mom", I kissed her. Then her smile faded away. "What's wrong?", I frowned. "Nothing", she said and hugged me.

"Are you okay?", I asked and hugged her back. "I'm just....afraid", she said looking at me. "Of what?", I said looking her in the eye. "Of not being with you", she's said. "Oh baby that will never happen", I said kissing her hair.

"I will always be here for you, and the baby", I went down to her stomach. "What are you doing?", she laughed. I kissed her stomach.

"Hi baby, it's your dad just wanted to let you know that your gonna be an amazing child and I can't wait till you come", I said to her stomach. "What do you what?", she asked. "I want a girl", I said.

"Well I want a boy", she said. "Girls are so much easier to handle, and boys always make the wrong lifetime decisions", I said. "Well I don't care as long as we have cute wittle babies", she said. I carried her bridal style to the bed and laid her down. I laid down next to her as she laid on my chest. "Everything's going perfect. We're gonna be parents, were gonna be husband and wife, and I get to spend my life with the two people I love the most", I said.

"Yeah just the way we planned. Now we have to tell everyone tomorrow at the party tomorrow", she said dozing off. "Party? I totally forgot!", I said hitting my head.

The party that my mom had planned six days before the wedding. Well more like banquet uhh.

***

The next morning when we got ready, we were matching. Purple and white. She looked nervous. We got in the car driving towards the place. She stared at her ring smiling, putting it in the light as it shined. I wrapped my hand around hers and she squeezed it. Once we got there, everyone was setting up. "Hey bro", Nash said and patted my back. "Sup Nash", I said. I still held onto his hand. "Hayes your two minutes late!", my mom said rushing over to us. "Oh hi honey", she said kissing Isabelle's cheek. "Hello", Isabelle said. She hasn't been speaking much.

"Izzy quick second", I said pulling her to a corner. "Yeah?", she asked. "What's wrong?", I asked. "Nothing just a little sick I guess", she said. "You want me to take you home?", I asked moving some hair out her face. "Nah I'm good let's just enjoy the party okay?", she asked smiling. She grabbed my hand and we walked down the steps. "Hey Hayes we're playing football in the back wanna join?", my cousin asked. "Okay you'll be okay right?", I asked her. "Fine Hayes, I'll chill with Lexi", she said and walked over to Lexi and Zoe.

They sat down in some chairs watching us play. Then us and the boys took a rest and got some drinks. "Isabelle do you want a drink?", my mother said offering her a margarita. I suddenly got alerted. "Umm no alcohol for me, a lemonade would be nice", Isabelle said and I calmed down. I sat down with my drink by mother. "So how's Isabelle doing with the pregnancy?", my mom said almost making me choke on my drink. "How did you- "Oh please Hayes I'm a nurse. It's obvious to anyone. Bigger boobs, not talking much, and no alcohol?", she said smiling.

"How long?", she asked. "Two weeks, I just found out yesterday", I smiled. "Oh Hayes I'm gonna be a grandmother", she whispered laughing. "Wait till your father finds out he'll be so exci- "Wait what! No, no, no dad will tell everything and ruin everything", I whined. "Isabelle and I wanna do it, together", I said. "Ugh fine, you ruin all the fun", she rolled her eyes and sipped on her drink. I raised an eyebrow. "Okay fine, fine I'll shut up but make sure to announce it", she said.

There was someone playing the violin and Isabelle and a few others were watching. I went and sat down with Isabelle. I wrapped my arm around her and she smiled. "My mom knows", I whispered in her ear. "What? How did she find out?", her eyes widened. "Mother knows best", I said kissing her hand. "I think I feel sick", she said. "Me too, my mom can't even hold a laugh", I said. "No like I feel like I'm gonna puke", she said getting up and I rushed with her to the back garden where no one was around. I held her hair back and rubbed her back.

Then my mother came into the garden. "Don't worry Hun, these symptoms won't last long", she said to me and her. My mom gave her some towels to wipe her mouth. "Now come out where it's baby- I mean shady", my corrected giggling . "Mom", I groaned. I wrapped my arm around Isabelle as we went back to the party. Can my mother be anymore embarrassing?