Chapter Nine: Keep Dreamin kid

When he kissed me it almost felt as real then we looked in each other's eyes. Then I woke up with jump. I panted heavily. I looked around my room. Everything was nicely put together and I checked my calendar. "It was just a dream." Everything that happened was a dream. I never went over Dylan's, Lexi and I never got I to a fight, and.......I never kissed Hayes. I checked the time. It's seven so it gives me enough to get ready.

I took a shower and put on my robe. I went to my closet and picked out my clothes. I changed into my mint green floral shirt and my jeans. I brushed and combed my hair and plugged in my flat iron. You know what! I'll just curl my hair. So I grabbed a pencil and wrapped my hair around it (thanks Caitlin). I got my flat iron and pressed on it and it made a small curl. "Frick it", I said and started curling my hair. About an hour later, I was done. I took one piece on each side and braided it together to meet in the middle.

Then I grabbed my mint beanie that was laying on the counter top. I grabbed my bag and started to put the stuff I needed in it. My two notebooks, two pencils, my camera, phone, headphones, and wallet. I put on my shoes on and headed toward my family room. My phone started ringing. I grabbed it out of my bag and answered it. "Hello?" "Caitlin where are you?! Do you realize it's ten! We are gonna be late if you wanna get those pictures done and in by the deadline", my friend Sylvia yelled at me.

"Hey girl chill I'm just gonna stop for a coffee that's all, give me a break", I said regretting it. You see Sylvia is Spanish and whenever she gets mad she talks Spanish. "A break?! Un descanso?! Señora que no tiene para escapadas Yo trabajo!- "Chica chica! Calmaro Kay?", I said in Spanish back to here which was me saying 'Girl Girl! Calm it Kay?' "Fine but hurry up", she said and hung up. I grabbed my car keys and grabbed my bag. Then I went down to my car and started driving towards the photography place.

Then my phone started ringing. "I swear if it's Sylvia", I said and picked up the phone. "Hello?", I answered. "Hey Iz", Dylan said and I shivered remembering my dream. "Um H-Hi Dylan", I stuttered. "What's up", he asked casually. "Just heading to photography."

"So are you still up for tonight?", he asked. "Um you know what, I'm kinda not feeling well so maybe tomorrow", I said. "Okay that's cool, remember Justin Reaver from school?", he asked. "Yeah how'd you know him? You didn't even go to our school."

"Well we used to live by each other, and he's throwing a party tomorrow night wanna come?", he asked. "Well I'm not really a party gal", I said pulling up and parking in a parking space. "Oh come on it'll be fun. Dancing, playing games, drinking- "Dylan you know I don't drink", I said serious getting my bag and getting out the car. I locked my car door. "Well you can just have the carbonated stuff", he said as I rolled my eyes and went in the place. "Dylan I don't even like parties, I'm anti-social", I said. "Then bring Lexi with you", he said.

I scoffed. "Lexi has a six-year old child I don't think she'd be that irresponsible and to a party late at night on a school night knowing she has responsibilities to take care of", I said. "Then bring Hayes", he said. "I'll think about it I gotta go I'm at work", I said. "Okay well I love you, bye", he said. "Bye", I said and hung up. I saw Sylvia sitting at her desk. "Hey you look stress, was the Spanish too much?", she asked rubbing my shoulders. "No more like my boyfriend", I said flopping down in my chair.

"See I don't even like Dylan, I don't know why your with him he makes me wanna dump him in infierño", she said and I slapped her shoulder. "Come on we have pictures to take for the deadline", I said grabbing my bag.