Chapter Twelve: Other Way Around

For many, many, weeks they had been trying to reach me about my dad. Well why now out of sudden he wants to talk. I ignored the calls. "Come on why don't you answer?", Hayes asked as we were laying in bed listening to my phone ring. "I don't wanna talk to him", I said. "What demands an answer but ask no question", he asked. "I don't know what?", I asked sitting up. "Your phone", he said and grabbed it and answer it. "Give it back Hayes!", I reached and tried to get the phone.

"Hello? This is her boyfriend speaking. Oh she would love to meet up, uh-huh yes I understand", Hayes said pushing me back as I struggled to get the phone. "Tomorrow's great!", he said walking out my room. I ran after him. "Tomorrow's bad!", I yelled and he grabbed me against his chest and put his hand over my mouth. "At three? Okay, yes sir have a nice day", he smiled and hung up. He spun me around and faced me. "Tomorrow is a Sunday and it's perfect", he said and kissed my cheek.

"You didn't even ask me if I wanted to go", I said in a small voice. "I'm sorry, do you want to go to Taco Bell tomorrow at three to spend some time with the ONLY family member you have that might not be here long?", he said raising an eyebrow. "No", I said crossing my arms. "Your ONLY flesh and blood", he said. "Okay", I smiled. "Good now be a good girl and make me a sandwich", he said. "Uh no? I think you need to make me a sandwich", I said. "No I think it's the other way around", he said. "Speaking of other way around...", I said turning him around and kissing him wrapping my arms around him.

While he was enjoying it, I reached in his back pocket and grabbed his phone. I started walking towards the bathroom."What are doing Isabelle?", he asked following me. I locked the door behind me. "Calling Nash! You guys haven't talked in years not even at the- "Izzy open up!", he banged on the door. I dialed his number and he soon picked up. "Hello?", he asked. "Hey Nash!", I said loudly enough for Hayes to hear. "Oh hey Isabelle." "Izzy this isn't funny!", Hayes said.

"So I was wondering if you and Hayes would meet-up and have lunch at three, at Taco Bell say tomorrow if your not busy", I said. "Sure", he said. "Okay bye!", I said and opened the door and saw Hayes folding his arms. "Your something you know that", he said. "Oh come on you wouldn't want to spend time with your flesh and blood tomorrow at three at Taco Bell", I said with my hands on my hips. "Other way around", he mumbled pouting walking away. "Aww", I cooed.

"Is Hayes mad?", I said in a baby voice and climbed on the top of the couch. He pushed me off and I fell on his lap. "Idiot", I mumbled. "I'm your idiot."