Episode 19

Asano's pov

  I am 🤏 close to digging my knuckles into his moronic face.

  "H-how did you..."

  Toritsuka Reita gawked in disbelief as I boredly eyed his cowering figure. How did I know? I know because I'm smart, dumbass. Tch, if you have time for rhetorics, you might as well tell me where he is.

  If I weren't grilling information from you, you shouldn't be alive right now.

  Hi, my name is Asano Gakushuu. A short recap of what's happened here: A few moments ago, he had thrown a shower of iron fillings in my face.

  The odd choice of weaponry had mildly amused but dangerously suffocated me. With this, I should have more than enough reason to beat him senseless.

  Still, I haven't(yet).

  Why, you ask?

  Because I am a very cool-headed person who knows that something's up. The unconventional and tricky plan gave me an inkling of who the mastermind was, so I chose to go after him instead of his lackey here.

  Aren't I nice? ☺️

  "I..."

  After five seconds, this was what he finally said.

  I raised an eyebrow.

  "You?" I repeated skeptically.

  "I don't know, actually..." he admitted sheepishly, averting his eyes.

  I took a deep breath.

  ...Boi.

"Tch! You're useless," I declared irritatedly. Now I have no reason to keep you alive.

  Die. I clenched a fist and winced. What the...due to the two blows earlier, my knuckles were still slightly bruised and stinging.

  Punching the wall twice in a row wasn't very bright of me, I decided as I adjusted them. "Pak! Pak!"

  They cracked noisily, making the purple-haired boy twitch.

  Now that I'm calmer, I should at least figure out what I'm getting myself into. "What's the situation?" I asked him.

  "Eh?" I'm getting too old for this crud! I grabbed his collar.

  "Oi. I know Akabane put you up to this. I also know something's up. Who was that guy who looks like me? What's with that weird getup of Saiki? I give you one minute to talk. What's. The. Situation?" I seethed.

  "Ahhh!!! I'll explain! I'll explain!" Toritsuka finally snapped.

  One minute later, I finally got to understand our... technological situation. Ha, I knew it. While it wasn't impossible, it's really unlike Akabane to arrange an intricate prank for no reason.

  (I mean, who bombs someone else with a face-full of iron fillings? So random! The heck?)

  Still...I furrowed my eyebrows.

  Dang it, Akabane, so even in this plight you choose to keep me in the dark?! I clenched my fists again. And you still managed to prank me, scheming bastard.

  Something clicked in my head. No, that's not right. A prank? No, that's just stupid. Saiki Kusuo can't afford to attract my attention, neither can he. So why? Why did he bother to drag me into his plan?

  I threw my head back and began laughing.

  "AHAHAHA! I see how it is, Akabane! Kuku, to think that this day would come..." I exclaimed.