Episode 2

Saiko's pov

My name is Metori Saiko, and I've just met two rather troublesome people.

I frowned in frustration. I'm easily the richest person in class, but it seems that there's actually more like me among these plebes.

I suspiciously eyed the two redheads that just came to our class. Ah, there they are.

Exchange student number one, Gakushu Asano. He's the student council president of Kunugigaoka Senior High and the son of a highly influential educator. Like father like son. This guy's totally serious about grades and schooling. He's a good leader too, I made a mental note about that.

  As for the other one...

Karma Akabane, the carefree troublemaker. Apparently his parents are rich as well, but I'm not that sure. His class was involved in that world-scale threat two years ago, and not even my father's company could get information on that. He's no ordinary fellow...

"Hey, plebes!" I called over.

Both glanced at me out of the corner of their eyes, then chose to ignore me. "Look who it is," One whispered in amusement.

What?! I narrowed my eyes and and tried again, but louder this time. "Do you not hear me, peasants?" I demanded.

I waited for an answer, but only earned another chuckle.

"Heh~? I'm sorry, you must've called for the wrong people. I'm not responding to that," Akabane replied somewhat mockingly.

...EXCUSE ME?!

  My anger boiled. "How dare you? Don't you know who I am?" I asked again, but thought it over. Besides Asano, I don't think anyone else had that high a status. Oh well. Can't be helped, then.

"Never mind, lower-class people like you won't understand. Rejoice, as I have invited you to the Saiko residence!" I declared.

They exchanged glances as I held my head up high. Now you know who I am? Hah, I'm the heir of the biggest company in the world! No one can possibly reject something like this...

  "Really?"

"Yes, absolutely! And I guarantee, you lowlife peasants haven't seen anything like this before!" I added extravagantly.

In an instant, Akabane's gaze grew intense. I gulped. Whoa, I expected some resistance from their jealous nature, but not that much...

"Lowlife, eh?" He repeated.

For some reason, I developed the sudden urge to back off. What's this guy's deal? He's creeping me out!

  ...Wait, what am I doing? I shouldn't be scared of them!

  They're the ones that ought to be scared of me! "Will you come to my house?" I said one final time.

  They'll pay if they say no now...

  "Okay! But only on one condition." Akabane answered, his face returned to normal. I smirked triumphantly. Now, this is the power of money for ya!

  "Yes? What is it?" I asked.

He then pointed at Nendo's group of plebes. "I want my friends to come along," he quipped. Okay, that's easy. >:)

I agreed immediately with this request. "Now, let's go!" I announced.

"Hold on! Not this guy." He paused and pointed at Asano. "I wanna go without him."

  "Huh?!"

  "Alright! Wait-"