Episode 5

Asano's pov

  I have never been so frustrated in my life.

  "Hey, Asano-kun! Tough luck, eh?" Akabane probed smugly as I growled at him. Ever since the day I got shut down, I've been teased mercilessly by that red devil.

  Yep, he's still at it. Give it a rest, won't you? "It's not what it looked like, Akabane!" I snapped.

"Oh? I'm sorry."

  He snickered a little. "So that wasn't an epic fail towards Miss PK Academy, then?"

  I glared menacingly. "Of course not, you..." I tried to finish.

Then, I stopped myself.

  Yes, I had failed. I am perfect in everything, but she had proved herself superior, in the sense that I had failed to charm her.

By doing that, I have lost to her. She could succeed in this tactic, and I could not. I unknowingly clenched my fists. As the perfectionist that I am, I cannot accept this. I will challenge her again and emerge victorious...

  Meanwhile, that moment of silence I spent thinking earned a triumphant snicker from Akabane. This guy knows just what to do to irritate me. I shouldn't expect less...

  "Lol. See ya." He waved goodbye as I stayed where I was.

  I checked the timetable. Hm! Today, we have home economics.

  No problem, I will lead my group to perfection. The problem lies in defeating her with that. I glanced at Kokomi Teruhashi.

  I will win in this culinary battle, and you will acknowledge me, I decided.

  As the queen of perfection herself, this defeat will be quite heartbreaking. I glanced at the recipe on the board. Hmm...

As proof of that, I will make the perfect fried rice today :)

  "Alright, guys. Form groups of three and look at the blackboard. Your recipe will be here, so good luck!" The teacher instructed.

"Okay, Sensei!" The class replied cheerfully. Time to find a group that'll help me win this...

  "I finally get free food! All I've eaten is grass and dew nowadays!" Chisato Mera recalled teary-eyed as the class sweat dropped at her reaction.

This was hardly a surprise. She is exeedingly poor like Yuma Isogai, and probably takes on multiple jobs too. I scoffed internally.

  Too bad PK Academy allows part-time jobs. Otherwise, I'd definitely crush her.

I looked around as we formed groups. Anyone will do(except for Akabane). My supreme leadership will guide them to victory.

  "...Can we be part of your group, Teruhashi-san?!" A crowd of boys asked simultaneously. Fanboys. How typical.

"Um, sorry. I'm paired up with Chiyo, so..." she refused gently. Excellent interpersonal skills, Teruhashi. But...

I peeked out of the corner of my eye. Another crowd had gathered around me, boys and girls alike. "Let's cook together, Asano!" I plastered a smile on my face.