Episode 8

Saiki's pov

My name is Saiki Kusuo, and I am a psychic.

Taody, I am at Cafe Mami eating the heavenly dessert, coffee jelly. Later, I plan to head back and watch a new TV series.

For those who read or watched "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K", remember time I wanted to leave school to watch anime, but everyone seemed to be looking for me? I had succeeded halfway that day by turning invisible, but Toritsuka somehow found me.

Thankfully, that did not happen today. I took another bite out of the jelly, doing nothing to hide my bliss.

I had more time to plan my strategy, resulting in perfect timing for me to grab a snack before I return.

Determination flashed across my eyes. I'm not going to miss this one, too.

The advantage in watching television for a psychic like me, is that I cannot hear the actors' thoughts from behind the screen. It's much quieter than what I usually do(anyone within a 200m radius), and I don't get any spoilers if I watch it from the first episode.

After that...

Well, you get the picture. I searched online for the series' outline.

"Two teenagers share a profound, magical connection upon discovering they are swapping bodies. But things get even more complicated when the boy and girl decide to meet in person. Starring: Tohru Mugami, Haruna Mase."

It actually sounded interesting. If not for the fact that Teruhashi's brother is in it, this would have been the ideal movie for me.

"Ah! Welcome!" Mera greeted two new customers in. Not many came to the cafe, so I was quite surprised to see someone from my school here.

"...It's a nice place, isn't it?" A masculine voice told his companion as I agreed with him quietly.

Indeed. The main reason I came here was actually because no one else does.

Plus, they serve excellent coffee jelly:)

"Yes, it is, Karma-kun," a feminine voice responded.

I eyed the black-haired female suspiciously as she scanned through the menu. She wore her hair in plaits and glasses. She wasn't wearing the uniform of Kunugigaoka, though. Is she an old friend?

Not that I'm interested. I remained motionless, praying that they wouldn't notice me.

And by some sheer miracle...

They didn't.

Hallelujah.

Phew, that was close. The duo had chosen to sit down at the table in front of mine, where their vision of the next table was blocked. Because of this, I was not spotted by the redhead.

Alright. Now, I can return home to watch tv.

I was about to leave the cafe when a certain idol in disguise entered it.

"...Finally, some peace and quiet!"

Eh?

Yare yare, why is he here? I took my jelly cup and teleported myself one table backward, as Tooru Mugami aka Makoto Teruhashi sat down huffily.

Sounds familiar? Yes, this is the brother of the popularity queen, Teruhashi! He has long surpassed a sister complex, and worships her like a goddess.

AND for some reason, thinks we are dating.

He hates my guts, and the feeling is mutual.

No worries about heading home, though. I just need to avoid the indigo-haired pervert and I'm good to go.