TWENTY THREE

Izzy Carter had never thought that she would get along with Rachel Berry. But as she came to find out, Rachel wasn't as terrible as everyone thought she was.

Rachel gave her a place to stay, and that was all that mattered at that moment. It was more than what Santana could say for herself.

"You know, we're meeting up with some glee club alumni for dinner this week. And you have to be there because they're all coming here," Kurt told Izzy who was walking lazily into the kitchen.

Grabbing a cup of coffee, she sat down in a chair running her hands through her hair. "Who's coming?" she asked.

"Artie, Blaine, it's a maybe on Santana's part, and, uh, well—"

"Let me guess, Sam?" Izzy glanced at Kurt who looked guilty. "He's not Voldemort, I won't shake in terror when you say his name," Izzy looked at Kurt, who seemed unconvinced.

"He's literally on the couch right now," she glanced to a sleeping Sam. "We just broke up, that's it. Sam and Mercedes are still friends and they're exes. Artie and Britt, Santana and Britt—"

"Point taken," Kurt sipped his coffee.

"Can we invite more girls? Rachel and I are totally outnumbered."

"We could call Mercedes if that's what you mean," Kurt replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Rachel walked into the living room, looking more tired than Izzy and Kurt combined. It made sense, she was going to play the lead in a play.

Skipping right past the coffee machine, she grabbed a bagel and stuffed it in her mouth. Grabbing a comb, she brushed out her hair quickly.

"You're in a rush," Kurt commented.

"Yeah, well I have to go, like," she glanced at the clock. "Right now."

Rachel ran back to her room, obviously in a rush. She got ready in record time, grabbed her coat, and ran out the door.

"It's a Sunday," Izzy groaned. "How is she so busy?"

Kurt just shook his head in response. "That's just the Rachel Berry life."

"It sounds exhausting," Izzy rolled her eyes.

"You have no idea," Kurt dumped his mug in the sink and went off.

*******

"Wow," Izzy stared at the shiny limo, mouth wide open.

Kurt placed two fingers on her chin and lifted them up, closing her mouth in the process.

"Wow is the word," Kurt looked at the car up and down. "Can we use it?" he asked eagerly.

Rachel nodded with a big smile on her face. "I can call him any time of day, he's amazing. He doesn't even say a word. It's like living in a high-end coffee commercial every day," she squealed.

"Unbelievable."

"So, where we going for lunch?" Artie asked.

"Someplace cheap or free?" Sam suggested.

"No, it is my treat and my ride. You guys have been so great and so emotionally supportive of me during the entire out of town Funny Girl run," Rachel smiled.

"Come on, we're going. We're gonna go the Odeon. Everyone from Broadway goes. Can we pop the trunk?" Rachel asked the driver.

"Trunk is full."

"Can I sit in the front then?"

"Full, too."

"Oh, it's okay. Sam, Izzy, and I can just meet you there. Right?" Artie looked at her with a smirk. He knew exactly what he was doing.