TWELVE

"Everybody loves movies," Mr Schue said. "They don't just tell stories they, transport us to other worlds. They are inspirational. They provide comfort and they help us escape from our day-to-day anxieties."

"Like getting left at the altar?" Kitty asked. Everyone went silent.

"Too soon," Ryder muttered.

"Or in your guys' case, studying for exams or worrying about regionals. In any case, for this week's assignment, I want you to pick your favorite songs from your favorite movies."

"Unique knows all there is to know about The Crying Game."

"Finally I can do my Nicolas Cage impression. "Oh, not the bees! No! The bees! No!" Sam said in his best Nicolas Cage voice.

"That is the worst Nicolas Cage impression I've ever seen," Kitty bitched.

"Hey, I think it was great," Izzy defended him.

"Okay, it's not that simple, guys. This is a group competition, boys against girls and we are doing mash-ups." Everyone was excited when Mr Schue said that. They loved competitions.

"Now, remember movies are visual," Mr Schue explained. So it's not just about the singing, it's about performance, it's about theatricality, it's about the language of cinema."

"Preach. And as I move into production on my first micro-budget feature," Artie said as everyone cheered. "I'm happy to offer starring roles to whichever team wins. No trailers, no per diem."

"Well, everyone split up and start working on your song choices," Mr Schue said to them.

"We are totally gonna kick your butts, the girls are winning this one," Izzy whispered to Sam.

"Loser pays for dinner at Breadstix," he replied.

"You are so on."

*******

The girls had decided to do a mashup of 'Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend/ Material Girl' and had gorgeous costumes. The boys were supposed to go before them, so they waited patiently in the choir room.

"What is taking them so long?" Kitty rolled her eyes. "Izzy, Marley, go check on your boyfriends."

Marley looked very uneasy when Kitty mentioned the word 'boyfriend.' Izzy suspected that she was having troubles with Jake. Problems that he probably didn't know about based off of how he looked around her. "No thanks, I'm good."

"No way," Izzy scoffed. "If they wanna lose, we'll let them. I spent enough money on that room last week, I want a free dinner," she frowned.

"So that's where you ran off to," Kitty smirked. "But seriously, I don't have the time for this, go," Kitty ordered her.

"Fine. But you're coming with me," Izzy extended an arm and Kitty took it.

The two Cheerios walked towards the other room where the boys were, impatiently knocking on the door.

"What do you guys want?" Blaine cracked the door open slightly and frowned.

"You guys are five minutes late. Hurry it up, we don't have all day," Izzy raised her eyebrows.

"We're coming in if you don't start soon," Kitty tried pushing past Blaine.

Blaine suddenly got all flustered. "No! It'll ruin the surprise, shoo," Blaine waved them off.

"What's up with you? It's not like we haven't snuck into each other's changing rooms before," Izzy pondered.

"You probably don't wanna see this," Blaine turned a shade of pink.