THIRTY TWO

Rachel had been trying to get Vocal Adrenaline and The Warblers to throw the competition at Sectionals. Mr Schue did it, not wanting to disappoint his favourite student, but Blaine was harder to convince.

So, as a favour to Rachel, Izzy tried to get Blaine to throw the competition. Well, she didn't. But she needed an excuse to see him and this was the perfect one. Bringing Kitty along to Dalton, they sat down for a cup of coffee, just like old times.

"I cannot do this right now," Blaine scoffed. "I already had to deal with Sue's craziness, with her putting a bear in my apartment and all."

"Hold up, she put a bear in your apartment?" Kitty asked, shock and concern covering her face.

"Yeah, it was insane. But not as insane as Rachel. I cannot believe she would do this," Blaine said with genuine surprise in his voice.

"Oh yeah? I can. I'm getting suspicious of her. She's being really... touchy with Sam. I don't trust her," Izzy said, resting a hand on her temple.

"You know I love you, but after you moved in with Sam, you should've dropped her," Kitty said emotionlessly.

After seeing the stern looks on their faces, Kitty defended herself. "What? You know I'm right. She sticks her abnormally large nose in all of your business and then acts like she's better than you. She's never been nice to you. So why are you being nice to her?"

Izzy's answer was simple— Finn. They were only close for a couple of weeks and she did strongly dislike him at times, but he was still her friend, and a cherished one at that. He was the epitome of a leader, and Sam reminded her a lot of him in all the best ways.

"It doesn't matter," she shook her head and the thoughts of Finn away. "I'm probably overreacting, Rachel's not out to get me or anything, right?"

Blaine and Kitty exchanged uneasy looks with each other. Glaring at Blaine, Izzy expected an answer. "Okay, fine I'll tell you," he said, cracking under the pressure.

"Rachel may have said something about Sam being really cute and how he would make a really good boyfriend, or something like that," he chuckled nervously, taking a big sip of his coffee.

"So I'm not crazy," Izzy crossed her arms. "That's terrible! Now I know for sure that Rachel's in love with my boyfriend!"

"Do you want me to dye her hair purple? Because I can do that," Kitty suggested, tying to find ways to make Izzy feel better.

Izzy shook her head. "I trust Sam, he loves me and I love him. He wont ditch me for someone like—"

She took a good look at Kitty's extremely guilty expression and panicked. "What is it now?" she sighed.

"Rachel asked Sam for one-on-one piano lessons," she admitted. "He said he would ask hair gel Warbler over here to do it, but I saw her and her touchiness." Kitty stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"I can't believe it. This is like high school all over again. Except Rachel's the mean girl," Izzy commented, losing her appetite.

"Oh, honey, Rachel's always been the mean girl."

*******

Izzy had just found out that Sam agreed to do a one-on-one piano lesson with Rachel, which came as a shock to Izzy as Rachel must've had piano lessons before this. So she and Kurt had decided to wait outside the choir room and watch.

"Have you heard about Mr Schue and Sue? They had a smackdown yesterday. Becky got it all on tape and she sent it to me for some peanut M&Ms," Izzy told Kurt as they waited for something interesting to happen.