THIRTY

Izzy was contemplating her time in Lima. She was to stay there for less than a year for school, but she enjoyed the slower pace and the quieter places. And she had so many people she loved in Lima. But she could never stay forever. She had to get her career started now, or she never would.

But at the moment, Rachel had asked her to recruit new members for the all-new glee club. Which meant recruiting Kitty, the only glee club member left at McKinley.

Spotting her walk down the hallway, she immediately called her name to stop her. Hearing it clearly, Kitty spun around to see her once best friend standing in front of her.

"So you really are back," she smiled slightly.

Izzy nodded. "So is the glee—"

Holding a hand up to stop her, Kitty shook her head. "I know what you're going to say, and the answer is no. If that's the only reason you're here, I think I'm going to go." Kitty started walking in the other direction.

Instantly regretting what she said, Izzy ran up to her. "Look, I know that you've been through a lot of crap over the past year, but Rachel needs you. We used to be so close, so I know that you love glee club."

"Used to be," Kitty reiterated. "I wonder why?" she asked, her tone revealing resentment. "Let's see— no one called me, texted me, or even checked up on me. You were so busy in New York that you forgot about all your glee club besties."

Izzy opened her mouth like she was about to say something, but stopped herself before Kitty did. "You never cared about us. You never really did. You put Rachel Berry before me, Marley, and even Bieber cut Ryder. So why the hell should I help you with your new glee club?"

"That's not true," Izzy defended herself, before realising that what Kitty said was right. She never had a real bond with any of them. "I came back to finish what Mr Schue started. Sue did this to all of you and it was unfair, and I'm really sorry that I never checked on you. I was a terrible friend. But you love performing, and you have to do this. For Marley, and Jake, Unique, and Bieber cut Ryder," she smiled hopefully.

"I did love it. I joined Mr Schuester's glee club because it was lead by a kind man dedicated to teaching. It all changed after you left," Kitty said, crossing her arms.

"Everyone left me, you left me. The only reason I'm here is that Sue needs me for Cheerios, and you're only here for school and Sam. I know Sue, and I know you, and I know that you'll leave me again."

"I can't even hold it against you. You're doing better things in New York. You know, I would've given anything to see you in Chicago," Kitty offered a small smile.

Smiling in return, Izzy felt a lot worse about herself. She was awful. "You don't have to join if you don't want to, I won't make you. But you'll miss out on a really great opportunity, one I know you would take in a heartbeat if it weren't for all the drama."

"I'll think about it," she said, nodding solemnly before turning around and heading to class.

*******

Izzy was having dinner with Mr Schue, Sam, Rachel, Kurt, and Blaine for a mini-reunion. It wasn't really about that, but Izzy preferred seeing it like that.

Taking a seat next to Sam, she eyed the empty seat that was there and could only assume it was Blaine.

"Reminder— I have a gig at Breadstix really soon so I can't stay for long," Izzy told everyone.

"And I'm going with her, to be a supportive boyfriend," he added cheerfully. Rachel's jaw set very noticeably, and Kurt eyed all three of them.

"So," Izzy broke the silence. "You two are codirecting, then?"