FOUR

Marley and Izzy had gone up to Kitty. She didn't care that Kitty was supposed to keep her on the Cheerios or that she was supposed to be her best friend. She wasn't. She was a stone cold bitch.

With a slap to her face, Kitty's mouth hung wide open as she was about to retaliate. Marley's hand went straight to her mouth to stop her from laughing. Several people turned around, shocked as no one really ever crossed Kitty.

"What the hell?" Kitty yelled, ready to slap her. However, Mr Schue came out, making her quickly put her hand down.

"You made her stick fingers down her throat!" Isabelle shouted. "I cannot believe I trusted you."

"I'm sorry, Carter but it had to be done," Kitty said with the same expression she used every time she insulted someone— a smirk. The fact that she smirked was completely unacceptable.

"Nothing had to be done," she told Kitty, who seemed unaffected.

"Forget it, Kitty, we aren't friends anymore, if I hadn't made it clear already," Isabelle said, storming off. She grabbed Marley's wrist and dragged her along with her as Marley giggled quietly.

Marley followed her timidly, nervous as to what she just did. "You didn't have to do that," Marley said. "You don't have to stick up for me."

"I know, you can defend yourself. But she made you stick fingers down your throat! That's so wrong," Isabelle said. "And I didn't stop her," she said guiltily.

Marley shook her head as she rubbed her arm. "It's okay. You still stood up for me, and I really appreciate that. But I'm okay, really."

She sighed and stopped walking as she said: "Look, Marles, I used to hate my body. And I tried doing that, but I stopped at the last second. You are perfect, and a bitch like Kitty can't tell you otherwise."

Marley waved her worry off. "I'm fine now Izzy, you need to stop worrying about me. I gotta go now, I'll see you later, okay?" She said, spinning on her heel and walking the other way to see Jake.

Marley's tone was unconvincing, and Izzy didn't think she was okay. She would know, liars can't fool everyone. Something was wrong, and Kitty caused it.

*******

Ryder nervously walked up to Izzy's locker, worried about how harsh he was.

"Do you have a minute?" Ryder asked.

"For you to tell me how much of a bad friend I am? Sorry, I gotta go," Isabelle said.

"Izzy, I'm sorry," he said.

She sighed deeply. "You wanna know why I was so mad at you? Because you were right. I suck."

"You don't. You're incredible," he tried reassuring her. "And to make it up to you, are you free Friday night?" He asked.

"You're asking me out?" Izzy was stunned. She was not expecting another person asking her out. Especially because she just told him something personal. "I can't right now. "Why don't you ask Marley. You like her, right?"

He sighed. "I don't, I promise," he said unconvincingly. "Are you sure?"

Izzy hesitated. She tried not to be too mean, but she knew that sometimes, guys couldn't take no for an answer.

"I'm actually not free on Friday, I have—"

"A date with me," Sam stepped in, wrapping an arm around her.

She shot him a slightly grateful smile and smiled apologetically to Ryder. "Sorry, I have a date. With Sam. My best friend," she said uneasily.

"Right," he said, not buying it.

"Right," Sam repeated.

His eyes darted between the two of them. "Then I guess I'll get going."

As soon as he was out of earshot, she turned to him. "You didn't have to do that."

"He was giving you a hard time, I just didn't want to see something bad happen to you," he shrugged.

"I can take care of myself," she reassured him, leaving to get to class.

"Does this mean we'll actually go?" he asked hopefully.

Izzy stopped. Was he expecting something out of that? "Sorry, Cheerios. And a lot of homework."

*******

Because of Sam's intervention, Izzy was now forced to say yes. She didn't love the idea of going out with her best friend, but she didn't hate the idea either.

Most of the glee club walked up to Izzy as she was standing at her locker. They wanted to apologise to her as she was sort of annoyed with her.

"Look, I know you hate us, but we're sort of friends, right?" Blaine asked.

"Some of you," she took a look at them.

"So if we ask you to come back to glee club, will you say yes?" Sam asked, knowing she could never say no to him.

"Why did you even kick me out in the first place if you were just going to ask me to go back to you. Is it some sort of collective fetish?" she asked, confused.

"Sebastian is an asshole. You're not. Even though you're a Cheerio now, you're still pretty great. And you haven't slushied any of us, which is a major plus for us," Artie said, trying to joke.

"Will you at least think about it? Even though we were assholes?" Sam asked apologetically.

Izzy gave a short nod. "I think I will. But that's only because glee club was my everything. And I love to perform," she told them. "I'll forgive you eventually, but, you know, I hold grudges."

Tina scowled. "Clearly," she mumbled under her breath. Izzy caught that, but chose to ignore it as Blaine nudged her in the ribs.

"You know, if I say yes you better be good. You better bring it," she slammed her locker door shut, walking away.

*******
updated a/n: hey, so i really need to apologise about the way i portrayed eating disorders in this fic. i was uneducated and completely out of line. i've rewritten all the offensive parts because i've just reread how horrible they really were. to anyone i offended, i deeply apologise. i was insensitive and naive.