THIRTY SIX

The week of the wedding had finally come, and they were getting married in a barn. It wasn't the ideal place, but Artie said he could make it work. The wedding planning was going smoothly before Santana snuck a look at Brittany's dress, making her go ballistic.

"Marley should be here, next to Quinn and Mercedes," Izzy said, moving the seat labelled Marley. "Madison would get along with them too," Izzy thought out loud, moving another seat.

"And Mike should sit next to Puck and Jake," Sam said, moving the miniature seat.

"Add Tina to that table," Izzy smiled, knowing all about Tina's plan to propose to Mike. Although she didn't like that she was doing it at her wedding, they were a very cute couple.

"Hey, guys, do you mind if I ritualistically slaughter this chicken?" Brittany asked, walking into the room with a chicken in her hands. "I want to counteract the bad luck of Santana seeing me in my wedding dress."

"Holy crap," Izzy stared in shock. "That poor chicken."

"You are not slaughtering that chicken in here!" Rachel exclaimed in disgust. As a vegan, she wasn't very happy with killing animals.

"No, no, take the chicken out," Santana commanded.

"This is your lucky day, sir," Brittany let go of the chicken as Izzy watched it run free, tormenting the kids at McKinley.

"Listen, if you want to distract your mind, why don't you use your math brain to help us figure out the seating chart?" Santana suggested, guiding Brittany to the chart.

"Well, I still think we should seat people based on the Dewey Decimal System. So, like, Kitty should sit with Rachel, because they're both a little annoying," Brittany suggested and Sam moved the seats, much to Rachel's dismay.

Izzy laughed, containing herself when Rachel gave her a blank stare. "So that means Sugar should with Quinn."

Quinn nudged her in the ribs with fake annoyance written on her face. "You can be so mean."

"Wait. No me gusta. Why is Sue on the list?" Santana asked, holding up Sue's seat.

"She could sit with Becky," Izzy suggested.

"No, she is not invited to my wedding," Santana shook her head.

"Sue has just been such a big part of our lives, you know?" Izzy tried reasoning.

Santana scoffed. "Like that time she almost shot you out of a cannon? She gave you a hundred bucks for that, and that was only because she thought you would die."

That shut Izzy up. "All I have to say is if you invite the woman to the wedding, there is an 80% chance that she's gonna ruin it," Santana said.

"But if you don't, there's a 99% chance that she will crash it, and burn the barn down," Quinn fired back.

"Well, if she's there, then I'm not," Santana left the room with Brittany following, calling after the chicken.

*******

It was the day of the wedding. Sam and Izzy were in a room of the barn separate from Santana and Brittany, with Izzy pacing around while Sam and Quinn — the maid of honour — sat on the couch.

"My mom is late," Izzy bit her lip as she paced in a fluffy white dress. "It's my wedding day and mom is late."

Quinn shot her a sympathetic smile. "She'll be here. She cares about you, even if you guys aren't always on the same page."

"I just thought that she liked me, we were on good terms when I left for New York, I just don't know why she's late," Izzy panicked, fiddling with her ring.