TWENTY NINE

Everyone's life had been completely derailed. Blaine and Kurt had broken up, and Blaine had gotten cut from NYADA. Rachel's TV show had failed miserably, and she had been in hiding ever since.

Mercedes, Santana, and Brittany seemed to be doing a lot better for themselves. Mercedes had gotten an album and Brittany had been a very successful dancer. Being the spokeswoman for Yeast-I-Stat, Santana seemed to be doing just fine on her own.

Artie, Kurt, and Izzy were the only people left in New York. They hadn't met up with Kurt in a long time, and it somehow felt lonelier in the city that never sleeps.

Soon, Izzy had completely stopped hanging out with the rest of the New York gang, and she had forgotten about the spot where they were supposed to meet.

Sam and Izzy had put a lot of work into their relationship, and thankfully, they were still alright amongst the chaos. Sam had gotten a job at McKinley while Izzy was busy doing her thing in New York.

Chicago was a huge success and she absolutely loved her time there. However, after a long run, they had decided to take a small break from the show— mostly to let the actors and dancers get a break. Just like NYADA, Juilliard encouraged her to find work elsewhere.

So she and Kurt had gone back to Lima, one for a well-needed break and the other for school. The interaction was a little awkward considering they hadn't talked in months, but they were all they had left, so they rekindled their friendship.

Stepping into the halls of McKinley High, she was greeted with a much different and more polished version of her old high school. She was not used to it, and did not like it in any way.

"Izzy?"

Turning her head in shock, she saw Rachel standing in that place. "Rachel, I'm surprised to see you here," Izzy said, wrapping her in a hug.

"As am I. What are you doing here?" Rachel asked her.

"Oh, I'm here to see Sam. And Juilliard sort of wanted me to expand my horizons, you know, take a break sort of? I just really need a break right now, and I got a job performing at Breastix so that's pretty great," she laughed lightly, going on an unwanted rant.

"Oh? You two are still—" Rachel made a gesture suggesting romance.

Izzy nodded her head with a fake smile. What was she implying here? "Yeah, it's been awhile since I've seen him but—"

"Right, yeah, I shouldn't keep you waiting then," Rachel gave a tight-lipped smile, letting Izzy walk to the field.

Speeding up, she made her way towards Sam, getting more excited by the second. Finally she reached it and recognised his face, but not quite his hair.

He looked different. Amazing, but different. She wasn't used to it, but she accepted it. Walking up to him, she was smiling brightly.

"Missed me?" she held her arms out.

Looking up to her, his face lit up as she pulled her into a big hug. "You have no idea," he laughed.

"So, this is what you do now. Surprised you didn't want to be the synchronised swimming coach," she teased.

"I was never good at that. Never really liked it, either," he shook his head.

"Are you sure you like football? Not singing country tunes with your favourite blonde?"

"Quinn's not here right now, so—"

Izzy cut him off with a smack on the shoulder.

"I forgot how much these hurt. Like, this is going to leave a mark," he rubbed his shoulder in agony.

"That's why you think twice before you speak," she grinned.

Even though everyone else's lives were a complete mess, she had found comfort in Sam. He didn't want fame, or money, he didn't want to be a super famous model. And Izzy liked that. No messy breakup over schedules, just actual happiness.

"Have you seen Blaine yet? Or Kitty, Rachel, Mr Schue, your parents, Se—"

"You were my priority, I've missed you. It's been so lonely in New York. Artie moved into your old room, but I never really see him," Izzy told him. "As for Seb, I highly doubt he's still in Lima. Much like the rest of the glee club after they got shipped away to some other school."

Sam cleared his throat uncomfortably. "I sort of tracked him down, he's in some prestigious college in Paris, but he's here. Like right now."

"What are you suggesting?" she narrowed her eyes slightly.

"A fun reunion. With Blaine and his new boyfriend." Seeing the shocked look on her face, he continued. "Forgot to tell you— Blaine's dating Karofsky."

"What?" Izzy managed to get out. She could not comprehend the fact that Blaine was dating Kurt's old bully.

"Yeah, and Mr Schue is the new coach for Vocal Adrenaline, and Sue is a lot worse, and—"

"You know what? Why don't you catch me up over dinner at Breadstix?"

"That's a much better idea."

*******

Reaching for her phone, she hoped that his contact was still the same. Wanting to reunite her two favorite Warblers, she clicked on his number and called it.

Unlike Finn, he picked up on the seventh ring. "Bella?" he asked, surprised that she called.

"That's me," she replied, shocked he still had her number.

"I know I'm very hard to stay away from, but why are you calling?" he said in the same snarky tone.

"It's nice to see that some things hadn't changed," she commented, humouring him. "But I was wondering if you would go on a triple date with me and Blaine?"

"What makes you think I have a boyfriend?"

"You're Sebastian Smythe. I'd be surprised if no one wanted you or your atrocious CW hair," she smiled.

"I see you still have your wicked sense of humour," he commented.

"So, what will it be? Do you want to go out with me and Blaine or not?"

"I'm always open to a Warbler reunion."

"It's on Friday at Breadstix, next week at eight. It'll be fun to see you there."

"I look forward to it," he said before hanging up on her.