ONE

Isabelle wasn't even listening when Jacob Ben Israel decided to show up at their table at lunch. She had too much on her mind, glee club included.

"How does it feel, Isabelle?" He asked, the camera panning down to show off her pastel outfit before she smacked it. She was too busy thinking about her recent breakup with her "enemy" Sebastian Smythe to even bother listening to his blabbering.

"What?" she asked, snapping back into reality.

"To be popular." Oh. So that was why he was here.

"It's better than getting slushied every five seconds," she said. She zoned out again before hearing the most important question. Well, at least to the rest of the glee club.

"They said Rachel Berry was the group's undisputed star, so, really, the only question is: Which one of you is the new Rachel?"

"I am."
"I am."
"I am."

It was expected, but she was still annoyed at the attention-seeking ways of the rest of the New Directions. Senior year was not going to be easy for her.

*******

"Hey, Izzy, would you mind coming to the choir room for a sec?" Tina asked.

"Okay," She replied uneasily. Glee wasn't starting yet, and lunch was almost over. But the most confusing part was that Tina was asking her, of all people.

When she stepped into the choir room she could see the older members of the glee club— Sam, Brittany, Sugar, Artie, Joe, Blaine and Tina, of course.

She could also see the new ones like Unique and this other girl she'd never seen before. And of course Mr. Schue was there.

"Isabelle, have a seat.," Mr. Schue said as she sat down.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I'm sorry Izzy, but I'm just gonna say it— you got to go," Blaine admitted.

"Excuse me?" she scoffed. How dare they? She had an amazing voice and was an even better dancer. With Mike gone they definitely needed it. Britt couldn't handle all the dance solos.

"You are sleeping with the enemy, and you didn't even tell us," Artie narrowed his eyes.

"This is insane! I broke up with him last year!" Izzy spun around to face Mr. Schue. "You don't even have enough members for sectionals"

"With all this new swag we have, we will soon," Sugar replied.

Izzy was pissed. If Sugar Motta could remain in glee, then she definitely should be able to.

"Why aren't you kicking Sugar out?" Isabelle asked. "She can't even sing!"

"Because, she's helping to fund this club," Tina said.

"Look Izzy, this sucks. You lied to all of us but Quinn. And now that we know the truth, is it really that hard to believe that we're not mad at you?" Sam frowned. "He blinded Blaine."

Crap. She forgot that Sam didn't know, and now that he did, he was hurt. Her, Quinn, and Sam used to be great friends, but she didn't want them to know about Sebastian. That went according to plan.

"Mr. Schue, they're being completely ridiculous," she tried to reason.

"I don't agree with that, Izzy. You should have at least not kept this a secret." He sighed. "Let's take a vote. Who wants her to stay?" Unique, new girl, and Brittany put their hands up.

She was thankful for them and shot them a small smile. It turns out Britt was her only real friend.

"Who wants her to leave?" This time, Sam, Artie, Blaine, Tina, Joe and Sugar put their hands up.

She had to leave. "Glee club was my everything. I hope you guys are happy," she said as she stormed out. "And for the record, I never slept with Seb."

Izzy was fuming. She wanted to punch them in the face as much as she wanted to cry. But as much as she hated them, she understood. He physically hurt Blaine, but that was where she drew the line. If she could only tell them that that was when she dumped him. Sam? She got it. He was one of her closest friends and she kept a major secret from him. In her defense, she didn't want Quinn to know. But she wanted revenge. She saw the sign up sheet for the Cheerios. "What could go wrong?" she thought as she signed her name there.

"Isabelle Carter!" Sure Sylvester shouted. "Why are you here? Aren't you part of the glee club?" Sue sounded a lot angrier when she said 'glee club.'

"Glee club is for losers," she stopped herself from sniffling. "I want to be a winner."

"You're in." Sue said instantly.

"What? But I didn't even audition." Isabelle said.

"You can help me destroy glee club, once and for all. Now get the hell out of here."

She smirked as she walked out. They were going to pay.

*******

The next day, she walked into school with confidence. With her Cheerios uniform on, she gained lots of attention. She had met up with Kitty Wilde the night before, and she gave Isabelle a complete personality makeover. She saw the glee club she walked down the hallway of McKinley High.

"Izzy! Wait!" she heard Britt say.

She was standing there with Sam, only he pretended she wasn't even there.

"Please come back, I miss you," she pouted.

Izzy sighed deeply. "Sorry, Britt. They don't want me."

"But we were supposed to do dance routines together, we were supposed to be best friends," Brittany took Izzy's hand in hers.

"I'm so sorry," Izzy removed her hand from Britt's.

She looked up to see Sam roll his eyes— he was crazy mad.

"Come on Britt, we have to go," he paused and looked straight at Izzy. "Nice cheerios outfit," he sounded very sarcastic.

She was sure he stopped himself from saying 'traitor,' they were still friends, after all. Right?

"Glad you noticed," she replied softly as Britt and Sam walked off, leaving her behind.

*******

"Hey Marles, are you okay?" Isabelle asked, worried about the sad girl. Honestly, she was glad that she left glee club after they made fun of the lunch lady that just so happened to be Marley's mother.

"Everyone keeps making fun of my mom! It's so frustrating!" she said.

"I'm sorry, but you can't do anything about it, you can't make them change, not unless they want to," Isabelle said.

"I'm glad you're here Iz. You're the only decent person around here," Marley said.

"I'm glad too. Thanks for sticking up for me, that was really nice of you," she smiled at her.

"I just think they overreacted." Izzy's expression faltered and Marley paused.

"Hey," she grabbed Izzy's hand. "They'll come around, we definitely need you, I mean, you are crazy talented."

Izzy laughed for the first time on that day.

"Hey Marley?" Sam suddenly said.

"Oh, I should probably go," Isabelle said, about to leave.

"Just so you know, Sam couldn't shut up about you this morning," Marley whispered sending them into a fit of giggles.

"Well, duh. I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him," Izzy said as she walked away.

*******

ahhh i'm rewriting this! i hope it doesn't suck as much as the first one.

-n_romanoff