THIRTY SEVEN

The wedding left Izzy in a state of euphoria, and nothing could get her out of it. Even a bratty middle schooler. The glee club were asked to perform at Myron Muskovitz's bar mitzvah, leaving them to pair up and find songs to sing as he wanted it to be perfect.

"Paris," Izzy gushed, pointing to the picture in the magazine. Sam and Izzy were deciding on honeymoon destinations, but glee club duties, Broadway shows, and college meant postponing it.

"There is no way you can afford it," Kitty commented, filing her nail.

"Hush," Izzy held a finger to Kitty's mouth. Kitty smacked the finger away, frowning at her.

Sam snapped his fingers quickly, clearly having an idea. "Remember when Brittany went around, giving everyone gifts?"

Izzy tilted her head, knowing what he was implying. "I doubt those tickets on a cruise to the Bahamas aren't expired," Izzy replied.

"Actually, they do. When I used Sugar's tickets to Hawaii, they said that there was a five year window to use it," Kitty spoke up.

Izzy and Sam stared at her blankly.

"She had enough money anyway," Kitty rolled her eyes.

"So, Bahamas it is?" she asked him.

"Definitely," he nodded. "Now all we need is a date."

Izzy thought hard. She didn't have to be there for the glee club, but with Kurt's recent absence, she felt a duty to at least help with their dancing. Plus, Sam needed to help too. If they left, they lost two pairs of helping hands.

"Well, Juilliard wants me back after winter break, and Chicago rehearsals come back on around the same time," Izzy thought out loud. "Winter break?"

"Major deja vu," Kitty didn't take her eyes of the nail file. This time, Sam was the one who smacked her, leaving both Kitty and Izzy shocked. "Feisty, she's rubbing off on you," she smiled slyly.

Izzy gave Sam a high-five, laughing as she did so.

"What about earlier than that? So we can, you know, stretch it out," he explained. Izzy hid her head in her hands, waiting for Sam to realise what he just said.

"Ew," Kitty cringed. "Sometimes I wonder why I hang out with you dorks."

"Because we're your only friends," Izzy replied. "I don't see you hanging out with Madison or Jane."

"Fair enough," Kitty shrugged. "I don't like being nice to newbies, they just instantly don't like me."

Izzy stared at Kitty while shaking her head. "Maybe it's because you tried stealing their boyfriend and gave them an eating disorder," Izzy said.

"That's all in the past," Kitty replied. "Besides, I'm nowhere as near as bad as Myron. That little kid is more of a diva than Tina."

"He's more of a diva than Rachel and Sue," Sam added. "He's younger, too. That just makes him scary."

Kitty nodded. "I'm not the only one who's not being nice to newbies. You barely talked to Jane and you haven't talked to anyone else. If I asked, they would choose me over you."

Izzy had an offended look on her face. "I'll prove you wrong."

"No, no, these never end well," Sam protested, but it was too late. Izzy had already gone after Jane and Mason, ready to make friends with the third generation of glee kids.

She eavesdropped on their conversation, noticing how Mason seemed to be infatuated with Jane. Except that his twin, Madison, stepped in and took him away from her. Jane was obviously sad, so this was her chance to get to know them.

"Jane, hey," Izzy walked up to her. "I think that you should sing a duet with Mason."

"Seriously? I don't think Madison would love the idea," Jane responded.

"It's not exactly her choice to make," Izzy said. "He's obviously into you, you just need to not let Madison get in your head. Besides, she only wants what's best for her brother."

"Wait, hold on— were you eavesdropping on us?" Jane asked.

"Maybe," Izzy replied quickly. "Well, I have to go. But good luck to you."

Izzy walked away quickly, embarrassed that her plan wasn't working out the way she wanted it to.

*******

The bar mitzvah was here, and it was the biggest performance the glee club had in years. Streamers, balloons, a huge stage, it was gorgeous. Mason was performing I Want To Break Free, a very not subtle way to tell Madison that he wanted to break free. The message got across well, he was amazing.

"I think this kid is the most self-absorbed person I've met. And I went to school with Santana, Rachel, and—"

"You," Sam finished her sentence, earning a smack from her.

"I cannot believe we have to dance for him," Izzy whined. "The things I do for this glee club."

Both of them went backstage to wait for their time to perform and to rehearse, but Izzy went towards Jane to watch Mason and his performance.

"Oh yeah, he's so into you," she told Jane.

"I— no, I don't know," Jane stuttered. "And you don't know that either."

Izzy held up her finger to show her the pale pink crystal ring. "I think I do," she replied. "Go get him," she patted her on the back, leaving Jane to watch him perform.

Kitty stood next to her as they watched Myron yell at Sue. He got into his pod as Sue spitefully helped.

"Mr Schue was asking for you," Kitty said. "You have rehearsals to get to."

"I was helping out my friend," Izzy replied. "Young love, I miss high school."

"Yeah, yeah," Kitty rolled her eyes. "Rehearsals. Now."

Izzy made her way to rehearsals, finding Mr Schue and Sue in yet another predictable argument. She rolled her eyes, stepped into the room and waited for them to continue dancing. When they didn't, she snapped her fingers and had a look on her face that said get on with it.

So, Mr Schue carried on with rehearsals and Sue got into place.

"Five, six, seven, eight. Step together. Pivot, pivot and point," Mr Schue said as everyone danced. "Sheldon, you nailed it. Sam, you turned the wrong way again."

"No, I think you guys turned the wrong way," Sam said defensively.

"No, it was you honey," Izzy replied, rubbing his shoulder. Sue crossed her arms, walking away from everyone else.

"Sue, where are you going?" Mr Schue asked.

"That's it, I'm done," Sue replied.

"No, no, hang in there, hang in there, you've almost got it," Mr Schue motivated her.

"William, in the name of all that is sacred, for once in your life, please, just stop talking. I don't care about heel steps or point turns."

Izzy crossed her arms, turning to Sam. "They can't keep arguing. They're going to tear this glee club apart."

The argument continued until Sue attacked Mr Schue. Izzy got fed up and left, actually getting ready to perform Break Free with people who didn't get into arguments every five minutes.