-Chase: Chapter Five-

My body is so overwhelmed with pain, emotion and craving. I can hardly stand it. My parents try to comfort me with hand holding and words of love, but those things just bring pain and honestly, irritation.

My body feels like it's being probed with needles. My eyes are on fire from the morning sun streaming through the window. I feel like my world is over, if I can't get more of whatever I took last night I think I'm going to die. My body feels so tired. My limbs, I can barely lift them.

My mom told me an older couple found me on the side of the road and brought me to the hospital. I vaguely remember someone dragging me into a car. Why the hell couldn't they have just left me there. Death would feel better than what I'm feeling now.

My parents and Dr. Neils keep asking and asking who did this to me and what party was I at last night.... I'm not a snitch. My lips are sealed.

I need a hit; I need it so badly I can almost taste it. Holy shit, my arm is killing me. Oh man, I'm about to throw up again. I make a grab for my barf bowl, but I don't make it in time. I throw up everywhere, whatever I ate yesterday is now all over me.

Nurse Cindy comes bustling in, all quick and efficient. She tries to crack jokes about making more work for her, but I just roll my eyes. When is this day going to be over?

I ask my mom if the doctor can give me pain meds, but she just looks at me like I'm crazy. Yeah right, I'm the crazy one. Even in my state of withdrawal, I can tell Penny being in the room is driving my mom up the wall. If my mom runs her fingers through her hair one more time, she'll be bald.

And Penny? She's nervously tapping her fingers on the arm of her chair. Tap, tap, thump, tap. On repeat.

Oh, my hell, my head!! Now it's pounding in unison with Penny's tapping. My skin feels like it's too tight, my face hurts.

"Shit, Penny, shut up!" I yell. Then I throw my pillow across the room and my blanket over my face.