-Brody: Chapter Thirty-Three-

I watch Brie walk up to get her diploma, I cannot believe her, and Audrey are graduating. This school year flew by.

This coming fall, I’ll be a senior.  It kind of doesn’t have the same excitement to it without Chase, though.

We were supposed to be in this together. But he left, just took off, didn’t want to deal with real life anymore, according to Audrey.

I know she’s pretty upset about it all. When her family all came to the conclusion that Chase doesn’t want to be found, he wants to be left alone, she was so angry, crying, ranting, then more crying.

“I thought he cared about me,” She said, “About his family, but he loves drugs more.”

I just don’t get that, how can he throw away his whole life, his family, our friendship?

We had so many plans; we wanted to eventually buy Milton’s place, fix it up and turn a part of the junkyard into a mechanic/motorcycle shop.
Now that Milton's passed, I’m not even sure what will come of his place.

Obviously, I’m not in any position whatsoever to purchase it, but I still want to make our dream come true. I love mechanics and I love motorcycles even more.

Damn it, Chase, I think to myself.  Why the hell did you leave all this?

There’s clapping when Brie walks across and off the stage, I join in and add a whistle, too. Spending so much time with Brie lately has made my small, friendly crush turn into a full-blown one.

She’s so beautiful as she walks back to her seat, her flame-red hair she recently cut to her chin, just accentuates her amazing eyes. Even the crazy royal blue school colors of her robe don’t take away from her shine.

Yeah, she really does shine.

I kinda feel like I'm losing everyone, like I’ll be doing my senior year alone. Man, we better make the best of this summer, have a helluva time.

Audrey walks up, gets her diploma, then her man Benson. Who honestly is pretty cool. It’s awesome he’s going to Haiti to build schools, to volunteer. I don’t know if I could ever do that.

Big changes happening. So, yeah, we better make the most of our time together this summer.