N I N E T E E N : The Process to Heal

FLORIENITY

The week before I went on tour with my favorite band ever aka my uncles and dad, I was given a deal with the show. While I was under a contract, the producers and Abby worked out a deal that while I would still learn a few of the dances and be in the studio taking classes, I wouldn't be on camera until I was ready to. I was glad they were actually giving me time to deal with everything that happened last week, or well more so everything that was happening building up to last week.

So it was a little weird being able to sleep in Monday and not get to the studio until a little later.

When I got there, Danielle let me know that Abby wanted her to schedule me a private and I nodded before heading to my contemporary class. Walking in to the dancers den, I'm a little surprised to find Luca talking to another girl from my contemporary class.

"Luca?" I asked, and she turns to me with a sad-ish grin.

"Ity, hey." I can't help the heat rising to my cheeks from her nickname as she walks to where I'm sitting on the bench. She sits next to me and wraps her arms around me in a hug and I take note of the strange but comforting smell of hot chocolate and maple.

"I- I heard about your breakdown on Saturday. Are you okay?" I sigh and rub my palm nervously against my temple.

"I've been worse. I- I guess everything with my mom caught up with me and I..."

"The rope finally snapped?" Luca finished and I smiled at her, nodding to confirm she had it right. She rubs my back in condolence before we have to go to class.

The rest of the class Luca keeps catching my eye and smiles at me. I keep feeling the familiar butterflies in my stomach and when I get home that night, the memories of the day keep replaying in my head.

I groan and turn over again, deciding to text the DM groupchat to maybe take my mind off it.

Flora - y'all I think I like someone

Brady - ha y'all

Sarah - wait really? Who is it??

Gianina - you don't have to tell us if u don't want to!

Flora - um okay I'll tell you but please don't judge me

Hannah - we could never judge u floor

Flora - ok well she's really pretty and smart and caring and she's only two months older than me...

Sarah - wait, flora, she?

Flora - oh yeah uhm I'm bi I hope none of you think I'm weird or feel uncomfortable around me...

Sarah - aww no I still love you flora as a friend of course lol I support u 100% ❤️❤️

Flora - thank you Sarah love you too as a friend lol

Brady - my older brothers gay so of course I support you flora. I mean still twins right lol

Flora - of course brads

Gianina - sorry I was in the bathroom but OF COURSE I SUPPORT U FLORA I LOVE U PLATONICALLY but also tell me this girl's name - who is ittt.

Hannah - I fully support you floor, I'm not going to judge you for something you can't control.

Savannah - hey I was busy but o support you too flora!

Pressley - omg guys I was sleeping 😒 but fr I 200% still support u flora now tell us about this crush of urs

Lily - I just snuck my phone into my room because it kept blowing up but yeah flora I support u too ur like my big sister