T W E N T Y - O N E : The Biggest Crowd

FLORIENITY

Holy shit am I nervous.

This was the biggest crowd I've ever seen and the most people I've ever performed in front of. I know that the show makes it seem like a ton of people just go to dance competitions to watch but that was just not the truth. Most competitions were just dancers families, studios, friends, teachers, and other dancers. Not thousands of people out for a concert that aren't really here to see a 14 year old girl do some dance moves on a mini side stage.

I really hoped nothing music wise would go wrong as I had made the solo to the original studio version before I listened to a live version a few hundred times to get used to it and re-doing it a little. Besides, I still didn't know the surprise band going on that had said I was more than welcome to improv or dance for a few of their songs had I wanted to.

So yeah, when we got to the venue I was freaking out. Luca was trying her best to calm me down in the green room but it wasn't working and when my second favorite band in the entire world came shouting while walking in, I could barely breathe.

"Ity, hey, it's okay! You'll be great, you got on dance moms! It's just like any of the competitions we go to, except with live music...and way more people..." I glare slightly at Luca and stutter out that she's not helping when a new voice says my name.

I look over to see Alex Gaskagarth, who smiles and crouches in front of me, holding his hand out. I latch onto it and he gently pulls me into his arms, where I listen to his heartbeat and breathing. He slows it slightly so I can try to match it and after a while I'm able to.

"You okay?"

I nod and hug him again, when both Luca and somebody else gasp.

"You good Luca?" she laughs and stands up, whispering in my ear that we should do the missing you duet. I agree and we rush to a bathroom to change into the costumes we brought.

I brought 1 set of duet costume and one solo costume, as I was doing the same song for the solo at a few shows and I had a backup PTV song for a duet with Luca but now that I knew ATL was on this tour I'd be more than happy doing Missing You

Just as we walked out in our costumes they called All Time Low for soundcheck. I took a deep breath and went with them, dragging Luca behind me.

We decided to stretch and warm up while they were doing sound check and pretty soon the doors were being opened.

I peeked from behind the curtain on the mini stage and let out a shakey breath.

"hey, we've got this! Do you need me to call Brady?"

I nodded and am met with Brady's face. I laugh at his dorky little wave and look over as Jack jumps onto the mini stage.

"who's this, your boyfriend?" Brady's face goes red and I shake my head with a laugh.