F O U R T E E N : Group Rehearsal

FLOREINTY

Abby called us all back in for group rehearsal and Brady was immediately standing closer to me. Eh I'm probably just being over observant, I do that a lot.

"Alright, so we're at a church, and there's a faith healer, Brady. Let me hear your faith!"

"Faith!" We all yell, though I felt a little dumb doing that I just smiled over at Hannah.

"Savannah, one leg is shorter than the other. One leg is all broken and messed up. Maybe you got hit by a car, maybe someone ran over your leg with a tractor, who knows."

She gasped while the rest of us giggled a little bit.

"Lily, you will be like me for a day, you are paralyzed from the neck down, Hannah, you will be her care taker, carry her around"

Hannah looked slightly disappointed she wasn't get an ailment but I just gave her a sympathetic smile.

"You four," Abby paused pointing between Pressley, GiaNina,Sarah, and I, "see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil." She had pointed to each of us as she said it.

"Pressley you are deaf. You cannot hear but you hear these screeching noises anytime someone talks."

"Floreinty, you are mute, you cannot talk. When you try to, your throat hurts and all that comes out is scratchy air."

I wonder how she's gonna incorporate that into the dance. That should be interesting.

"Sarah and GiaNina, you are the blind leading the blind."

Halfway through rehearsal, when Brady was doing a lift involving me, where he was supposed to grab my throat, Abby stopped us and told us we'd work on it more later.

"Alright, I need Floreinty and June, everyone else, you are dismissed."

I sat against the mirror as June learned her solo, which was a beautiful lyrical piece.

After she had a majority of it done, we got to work on our duet.

I really liked it so far and I was excited to compete it.

----INSTA ----

@floreinty.fading : 🌼 you know you're just my type 🌼

View 700+ comments

junie.beejones - how are you this gorgeous??? REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!!

--------------

"Florienity wait up!" I paused where I had just finished putting on my tap shoes for the class I was about to go to when Brady came in in a hurry.

"what's up?" I walked closer to Brady.

"well the rest of the team have already asked our moms, and we thought since Miss Abby's been saying we don't dance like team, we should all have like a team sleepover. And we were thinking of maybe seeing if we could have it at your house the day before we leave, since you live here full time anyways. If that makes since"

I grinned and pulled my phone out of my dance bag, quickly sending a message to both Vic and Danielle.

"I'm sure they won't mind, I'll let you know, I have a tap class to get to.."

"oh, yeah me too" I just noticed Brady was wearing his tap shoes then and mentally face palmed as the door to the dancer's den opened, earning us a passing grin from Sarah as she rushed to put her own tap shoes on.

After the tap class, I had a whole half an hour before I had anything again so I decided to go up to the moms viewing room, who were all talking while watching Brady and Presley's duet rehearsal.

Once up there I noticed Mike and his long legs sitting cross legged on one of the steps tapping out the beat for A Love Like War by All Time Low with his fingers.

"hey, flora!" Lily's mom greeted me and I waved, sitting next to Mike and stealing his snapback.

He just shrugged and went back to his phone. I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"who ya textin?"

"Jaime, he wants to teach you Spanish"

"he can't even English properly" I laughed, earning a smirk from Mike.

"You know, I think Brady and Florienity would make a pretty cute couple"

I snapped my head over to Tricia, which caused everyone to giggle at my semi-grossed out face. It wasn't because I didn't like Brady, I do just... more like a brother than anything. Andilikegirlsmoreanyways.

"Nah" I simply reply, causing Mike to take his hat back and mess with my hair.

"hey! Don't do that you giraffe" Mike laughs as I fix my ponytail.

After a few minutes (about 10), Brady and Pressley come up to retrieve me, we all had a lunch break and they wanted to go across the street to a Subway and then to Starbucks.

Mike walked with us and was stopped by a couple of fans. I stole his snapback again and set it on Brady's head as we entered Starbucks first.

After all of us ordered we went to get subway.

"Florienity!" someone yelled and I looked over at I was guessing a fan, I was then picked up and I squealed, swatting playfully at whoever's arms were around me.

"someone save the child!" Brady yelled and we all laughed after I got out of Jaime's arms, who decided to chase me into Subway.

After we had our lunch we went back to the studio, where June and I finished our duet and ran it a couple of times before we all rehearsed the group number again.

"alright, before you leave, I hear of a sleepover going on before competing?" Abby proded and  we all looked between eachother before I spoke up.

"we all thought it'd be a good way to get to know each other, we were planning on having it at my house, it's pretty big..." I trailed and Abby smiled.

"as long as your mothers don't mind, I think it's a great idea"

I smiled widely and then we were dismissed to go.

As I was packing my stuff to get ready to leave, Tricia and Stacey both approached me with Brady and Lily in tow.

I thought some confrontation was going down, like they somehow found something out, but they just asked for details about the sleepover. I relayed the information before taking my hair out of the ponytail I readjusted thousands of times throughout the day.

"hey, Reinity, you ready to go?"

I look up as Danielle entered and grinned widely.

"yeah, definitely."