S I X : Day One At The ALDC

FLORENITY

It was Friday night and I was scrolling through the websites my history teacher sent me for papers over World War 2 when Danielle entered the kitchen where I was working.

"Flora!"

I looked up at her and she set her phone in front of me with a video open. Confused, I stare up at her to realise she's recording me on Vic's phone.

"What?"

"The email said to record your reaction, play the video"

I nodded and shoved my laptop over slightly, pressing play and immediately being excited.

"This next girl was outstanding in auditions. She caught my eye, in a very positive light. I've seen her dance and I believe she is the perfect kid to add to my new team. Florenity Fuentes,welcome to the team"

I sat in shock before I stood up.

"No, this isn't real. It can't be."

Danielle had an all-knowing smile on her face.

"It is."

"Oh my God! Really?"

Danielle nodded and I started to jump around. Yeah it was a little childish but hey, this is somewhere I've wanted todance since I was 8! Of course I'm excited.

On Monday morning, I was slightly freaked out about the week because I had just gotten use to dancing with the California girls at Firebird and now I was dancing with kids I've known for a week at most. That and, I was going to be on a TV show, specifically, one that is very heavily editied and the producers can make you look like a horrible person.

I was more worried about Danielle looking bad, seeing as she already gets enough harrassment and hate online as it is, being the girlfriend of a famous band's lead singer.

I sighed as I pulled my slightly wet hair back, tying it into a ponytail and bobby pinning any major fly aways.

I then finished getting dressed, picking out a dance top, a pair of black leggings, and throwing a Bring Me The Horizon hoodie on over it. Abby said she'd give me some ALDC merch since I didn't have any yet.

I pulled on a pair of socks and a pair of Nike's before grabbing my old school bag with my laptop, it's charger, a waterbottle, and snacks plus my phone charger.

I grabbed my phone and stuck it in my pocket before heading out to the living room, where Danielle was gathering her things and the headshot they told us to bring.

"Ready?"

I nodded and hugged Tony, Mike, Jaime, and Vic before we left.

We got there like five minutes after we were supossed to be, thanks to Jaime not letting go of me when I said goodbye.

It wasn't like we were going to be gone for months, we lived in the same town as the studio so it wasn't too big of a deal.

We rushed in and saw Gianna at the front desk. She smiled and said hello and handed me a red ALDC hoodie and told us to go head to the dancer's den.

We headed in and I set my stuff down, I waved at Hannah and sat next to her. I changed out hoodies, taking my shoes and socks off and began stretching. I looked back at Danielle to see her already talking to Hannah's mom, Ann.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"So, are you excited?"

Hannah shrugged.