S E V E N : Week One Competiton

FLORENITY

"I asked you guys to come back with stories of heart break, Hannah, what's your story?"

Hannah was quiet for a few minutes, and I could understand why. It was obvious she was super shy or had some anxiety issues, though I didn't want to say she did for sure. I just noticied a few things and behaviours from her that are really similar to me. Though, I acted really confident, I wasn't completely like that. I just made jokes and things around new people because it was easier than opening up.

We were all hugging Hannah after her story and she started tearing up.

"Flora, what about you? I've read some things, do you care to share?"

I took a deep breath, knowing full well I was about to break down sobbing.

"I- I was adopted about 3 months ago"

I could hear the moms start talking about it. They were very loud, and tears were already building up in my eyes.

"My dad passed away when I was really young, and my grandma is in a nursing home, my aunt is in jail. My mom, she, she passed away too. I was at a competition when it happened. She had been hit by a drunk driver and I barely got home in time to say goodbye to her."

The memories of what happened played back in my head as I broke down crying, being hugged by everyone.

Abby told me to step out of the room for a minute to calm myself down and soon about 5 or 6 moms, including Danielle were hugging me and trying to calm me down.

"Alright, Brady, Florenity. This duet is titled 'No Place Like Home'. Brady, you will be portraying a ring master. But this ring master is evil, and Florenity, you'll be a young recruit that's trying to run but he controls you, like a puppet."

We both nodded and Gianna started going through the steps.

I had to admit, it seemed a little cheesy but I didn't complain. It is the first week after all, and it was nice to step away from doing depressing stories every other week.

Danielle

I watched as Abby explained the story to Florenity and Brady.

"So, Danielle, you adopted Florenity?"

I nodded, mostly ignoring them but prepared for someone to say something negative.

"Yeah, my boyfriend and I decided a while ago we wanted to."

"Boyfriend? How long have you guys been together?"

"5 years"

The disscusion seemed to be over after that.

Until Joanne spoke up.

"I don't really believe that"

"Believe what?"

"That she's adopted. She probably made up that sob story to get Abby to feel bad for her."

I can't believe this women. Why would anyone want to lie about the death of a parent? Especially in details such as that.

"Why the hell would a 15 year old girl make up a story about her mother passing? What kind of sick bitch are you to accuse her of that?"

I teared up, and got up, I wasn't going to deal with this women making up such a horrible lie about Florenity. It was clear Florenity was broken up about her mom, so how could Joanne think she was lying?

I heard someone following me but I wasn't sure who. I turned around to see Ann and Tricia.

"Are you okay?"