E L E V E N : Dad Mode and A Dance

Florenity

I walked into studio A with Brady and dad, who sat against the mirror to watch us.

"Okay, the name of this piece is Trust."

I look over at Brady to see his hesitant but interested expression.

"It's going to be about a relationship and Brady is trying to get Florienty to trust him again."

[So I get to be an actress and pretend to be like in love with Brady. Bleh  - Florenity]

[(To Florienity) do you always do duets about romance? - Vic (Florienty laughs and shakes her head before patting Vic on the shoulder "welcome to the dance world, dad"]

We went over the steps, Brady nearly dropping me a few times.

"Okay, Floreintiy how about here at the end you run across stage and jump into Brady's arms."

I was super hesitant but I nodded and got on the far end of the room, making sure Brady was ready before running and then hooking my arm when needed to. The problem arose when Brady didn't catch me completely and dropped me, causing my thighs to hit the ground roughly and send a stinging sensation up it.

"Flora? You okay?"

I nodded at Vic, slowly trying to stand up without causing a bunch of pain on my thigh.

"Alright, do that again."

We did it again and Brady almost dropped me again but I stopped myself from falling by putting my legs down. We decided to do a smaller/slower walk through before trying at normal speed again and while it was still sort of wobbly, Brady was no longer on the edge of dropping me.

I notice the moms had started fighting, probably about Brady and I, and Vic must have heard it too because they got super loud.

"Really Tricia?! Those two have gotten so much more leeway than any other kid here! Brady because he's a boy and Florienty because she's basically another Maddie! If that had been any other two kids, Abby would have ripped their heads off!"

I rolled my eyes at their agruements and tried to tune them out but ended up distracted anyways and missed a whole step because of it.

"Flora! You just missed a whole step! If I wanted someone who was going to do that, I would have stuck Hannah in the duet!"

I sighed and we went back to the start.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again"

"See! There she goes again, sucking up just like the first week!"

Vic gave me a confussed look at the comment from Joanne and why I was tearing up.

"Florienity, are you okay?"

I gave Vic a slight nod but only began crying because the yelling only got louder and Joanne was ranting about how I made up the story about my mom.

Abby just told me to step out for a minute and sent Brady to talk to the moms while Vic stepped out with me.

He hugged me tightly and asked what was wrong.

"It's just- Joanne is so presistence about me faking the story about my mom dying. She thinks I faked it to get Abby and Gianna to feel bad for me but I didn't. Its just really hard because she's basically saying that everything isn't real, like I didn't just see my mom's casket be burried underground. It's ridiculous how inconsiderate she is."

I didn't even realise Tricia and Brady had come down until I was pulled into a group hug.

After I calmed down and washed my face, Brady and I went back in for rehearsal.

We had about 30 seconds of the routine done when we stopped and Abby sent us to get GiaNina and Hannah.

Vic just stayed in studio A with Abby and Gianna while Brady and I went to go join the rest of the kids. We all kind of just decied to do different "get to know each other" type games until we had to go do the group

I stopped in my movement of lifting Lilly as Abby yelled for us to stop and held her hand up.

"Gianna, do think it would look better without Floreinty in it?"

"We can always try it"

Abby nodded and told me to sit against the mirror. I sat next to Vic and he patted my head as I took a drink from my water bottle.

They reblocked and went over it and it did look a whole lot smoother than before.

"Alright, still not the best, but it does flow a lot smoother. So Flora, you are no longer in the group dance."

I nodded, though I was a little disappointed, but I didn't let it show.

Vic whispered an 'are you okay?' and I nodded while watching.

"Okay, since Flora's not going to be in the group, I want her doing more than one dance at competition. Flora, I believe you have a private in studio C, you'll be learning a solo. I want to see it and I'll decide if I want that at competition this week."

I nodded and she sent both Vic and I out to studio C. I walked in to see one of the other choreographers and a cameraman. I waved as I was greeted.

"Hi, Florenity! And this is dad, right?"

I nodded as Vic shook her hand.

"Alright, so I'm thinking so far we've seen pretty lyrical and contemporary from you, so I want to see you do more hard hitting or fast paced."

I nodded again and we began.

By the time we finished it, I had ended up being able to choreograph some of it, as she wasn't quite sure on some things, and Vic was hyping me the whole time. I laughed as I hugged him tightly at his behaviour before the studio door opened and Abby rolled in, followed by Gianna, the rest ofthe team, and the moms. Oh boy.

"Alright, let's see what you've got, firecracker"

I laughed before getting into position.

Everyone cheered as I finished and then I was engulfed in a group hug.

Then Stacey spoke up.

"So, is she performing this at the competition?"

The cameras quickly focussed on whatever was about to explode as Abby looked over at Stacey and Vic made his way over to me.

"As a matter of fact, she is. Do you have a problem with it, Stacey?"

Stacey shook her head but I could tell by her expression she obviously didn't think it was right.

I sighed and made a gesture to Vic to not get involved.

"I just think it's unfair-"

GiaNina interupted her mom and I smiled at her. Even though the producers made her out to be a brat, she was actually probably one of the nicest here. Not that the others aren't, but she has sort of become one of my best friends on the team the last three weeks.

"Mom, stop! If miss Abby wants to give Flora a solo, then she can, it's her studio!"

Joanne glared slightly at her daughter but Gia just crossed her arms back and stood closer to me.

"And you call MY daughter a brat, Abby!"

Joanne walked out after that and all the kids hugged me again. Geez the drama really isn't going to stop ever, is it?