S I X T E E N : Avoiding

FLORIENITY

When we arrived I ended up between June and Brady.

As June did her makeup for her solo - she had already had her costume on when I came back from watching a few dances in the audience - I did my hair for our duet. I had the costume on but was waiting to do a majority of the makeup when June came back for our duet, considering they were an hour apart in performing on stage.

While waiting I decided to go out in the audience and watch while I secretly texted Alex- watching over my shoulder to make sure no one could see me (like Abby or the moms or producers/cameramen)

F- bruh I have been banned from talking to people from other studios 😑

A - haha sucks for u but why

F - apparently I'm being "immature" and "I'm supposed to be the oldest on the team and don't like a 5 year old"

A- that Abby saying it or producers 👀

F - both probably can you believe they told me to talk back to her? They tryna get me murdered and traumatized 😀

A - oof well I gotta go perform see ya 😜

F - rude

I sighed and put my phone away, lifting my head up towards the stage to hear them announcing Alex's number and name. I smiled a little and clapped as he came out and took his first position.

I clapped when it was over and watched the next few until June was announced.

(costume change)

After June I rushed back to the dressing room to greet her and get the makeup done, only to be stopped halfway there by none other than Tweedledee and Tweedledum along with Alice- who I hadn't seen since my mom passed.

"oh my god, Valy! I heard about you're mom, how are holding up?"

Looking over my shoulder I only saw Michelle's back as she was talking to Joanne.

Making sure no one could see me, I tightly hugged Alice as tears sprung up in my eyes. I may or may not still be avoiding the subject of my mom for as long as I possibly can.

"I'll text you later Al, i- I got in trouble last week talking to other studios. I really miss you guys."

Letting go, I rushed back into the dressing room and tried my best not to break down into sobs. Danielle, Tricia, and Stacey were all in there along with Lilly, Pressley, Brady, and Gianina.

All four of my new teammates were quick to hug me.

"hey, you can't cry - you're mature and save those tears for the pillow" Lily mused, impersonating Abby, which caused me to laugh as I wiped my eyes and the door opened.