prolouge

Ramone

I took a few deep breaths as they got ready to announce my number.

I was already stressed and I was trying not to mess this up or think too much about my mom not being here. I had my aunt here, and my team, that's all I need.

Though, I couldn't say I wanted my mom here in the back room wise anyways, considering she tends to yell..a lot.

"Please welcome entry number 40, Florenity with Beautifully Unfinshed"

Okay, here goes nothing.

I got back to the dressing room to hear a round of applause and Alice, possibly my best friend on the team, came up to me and hugged me with a really excited grin on her face.

We then started to get ready for the group dance and then Gina, Alice's mom, said something about how Alice's solo looked better or something and my aunt started yelling in my defence. I rolled my eyes and ignored them as I put the final touches to my makeup.

I then went with Alice to change our costumes as both of us still had the ones from our solos on still.

Once we were done with that, our teacher wanted us to go over the group dance real quick and we did. We had a few corrections to make and I applied them the best I could and we were ready.

Backstage, we did our warm up to let out any nerves and waited for our number to be called.

(She's the one who starts out in the middle front)

Once back in the dressing room, we all cheered, considering how well we felt we did, and how we didn't drop Elise on her head and kill her.

Our teacher and moms/aunt came back and cheered with us and we all ran to hug our teacher and choreographer.

"I legit thought I was gonna die if you guys didn't catch me"

We all laughed at Elise's comment. She was the smallest girl on the team, though she was the oldest at 16.

After we all settled down, it was time to head out for awards.

First up was the solos, then the duo/trios, then the groups.

We didn't have any duets or trios, as we didn't have time to submit them or choreograph them.

"Starting off with the top 3 soloist today, in 3rd place we have entry number.."

I grabbed Alice's hand as we both nervously waited.

"45, Deseree with Mad world."

A tall girl with dark hair stood up to accept the award. After we all finished clapping, I grabbed onto Alice's hand again.

"In 2nd place, just barely by a point away from our top soloist, we have entry number 38, Alice with I See Fire"

I cheered as Alice let go of my hand and got up to accept her award. Now I was really nervous, if Alice didn't get first, there was no way I did, she had far better performance skills compared to me but then again, my mom has always said I'm about my biggest critique.