T H I R T E E N : Feelings? We Don't Know Her

Floreinty

Before pyramid, one of the producers had walked up to me and said he needed to talk to me. I was confused and slightly scared, so I followed him.

"At pyramid Abby is going to say something about you talking to other studios during the competition last week, so just go ahead and sass back okay?"

"What, why?"

"Trust us"

I nodded slowly and walked back shaking my head.

"What was that all about?" Hannah asked, I shrugged and texted Alex back, telling him we were starting soon.

to American Idiot 🤡 ;

Bro dont be dum, spongebob is clearly better but also I gotta go pyramid tiem

American Idiot 🤡 ;

Bleh u suck

Walking in I felt a surge of overwhelming nerves and I had to grab Hannah's arm so I wouldn't trip because I was that nervous. I mean, Abby is scary, and I don't do well with yelling as it is, so the producers asking me to intentionally provoke her, two words for you; I'm. Dead.

"Thoughts and prayers was the overall high score winner. Woo, woo!"

A round of small woos.

"We had three solos perform. Gianina, Flora, and Hanah. We had second place, second place, and then we had fourth. It looks bad, it looks really bad."

I sucked in a breath and Joanne started talking about the argument that broke out in the dressing room. I couldn't focus much on that.

"You know what, I'm moving on to the pyramid."

The first on bottom was Gianina.

"Next, Floreinty."

At this, everybody was shocked, including me.

"Floreinty. How old are you?"

"15"

"So why exactly are you acting like you're 5!"

Confused, I looked over to Gianna

"Don't look at her, you are the oldest one on this team but every competition, you run around or you mess around with other dancers from other studios on stage during awards. You are on a dance competition team, be serious or get out!"

I tried my best not to cry as she yelled at me. I felt like I was being lectured like a little kid. Brady, who was on my left, half way wrapped an arm around my shoulder and gave me a side hug.

"This weekend, no interacting with dancers outside of this studio, understood?"

What the fuck?

"So I'm not aloud to have friends?"

Abby's face grew even angrier and I immediately regret what came out of my mouth. My eyes widened and I immediately began to apologize.

"I'm so sorry for my behavior, I wasn't thinking and"

Abby interrupted me by putting a hand up and Gianna mouthed 'you're good' as Abby moved on.

"Alright, this week we are traveling back to Ohio. We are attending expressions dance competition, we are going to do a routine entitled 'The Healer'. Each of you are going to have ailments that need to be healed. So Brady you're gonna be my healer."

No surprise there, considering he is the only boy on the team.

"So, there will be three duets performing this weekend. When I call your name, step forward."

Anndd the nerves are back.

"Pressely, step forward."

"Lily, step forward"

Oh god whos gonna be third.

I closed my eyes and crossed my fingers.

"Floreinty, step forward."

I let out a deep breath and smiled as I stepped forward. I can hear the other moms now. 'Why did the real brat get picked? Favoritism!'

"You three have duets this week, and you will be picking your duet partner. Before you do however, I have a surprise!"

Confused, we all three look between each other.

"Alright, come on in. Everybody, this is June and her mom, Sabrina. They will be joining us this week in competition. Who knows, they may even return."

We all got excited and ran to June to hug her. God knows I've missed her.

If I get first pick I'm definitely picking her, because although we really didn't dance together a lot when I was still at Firebird, we got along and dance together really well.

"I've been saying for weeks that nobody on this team is safe, and I dont think you believe me."

(I brought June and her mother in to hopefully scare these kids a little bit. Some of them have almost gotten comfortable. Too comfortable - Abby)

"In the next two weeks, one dancer will be saying goodbye to the ALDC"

My heart started pounding. Is that why June is here? To replace someone?

"Alright moms, be gone"

The moms headed up and Abby looked to Pressely.

"Pressley, you have first pick"

Dammit.

She chose Brady. Good.

"Lily, who do you choose?"

"Hannah"

That's a relief.

"Interesting, Floreinty, your choice?"

"June"

June smiled and joined me, side hugging me before we all spread apart to start warm ups. June wasnt going to be in the group number, but she had a solo and now the duet with me.

About halfway through the second time going through one part of the group dance, Abby sent us out to work on Lilly and Hannah's duet.

Everyone else had classes except for Brady, June, and I so we all went into the studio that had silks and trampolines. I started doing something on the silks after June and Brady brought over a mat.

After a few minutes of messing around, June joined me in getting on the silks.

The door suddenly opened as I was doing a drop and as I got down, I saw it was Lily.

"Brady, Abby wants you and Pressley."

Brady frowned but left, not before hugging me. Weirdo.

Rolling onto my stomach, I poked June on the nose as she stared at her phone.

"What do you want?"

"Dude, I think Brady has a crush on me."

"What?"

♠♠

Sorry its shorter than usual