Chapter Twenty - The Girl

(A/N: Thank you so much tLoZSponge and Julia-Kujo, for helping me write this chapter! Also, Pure Silence booty for y'all thirsty asses)

"You can't be serious..." (Y/N) muttered to herself, with her eyes wide and jaw dropped. She was staring as the huge submarine in front of them shocked once again by how much money the old man could spend on useless means of transport. 

As he was also looking at the gigantic, golden submarine, Mr. Joestar turned around to face the rest of the crusaders, but also to enjoy the shocked looks on their faces. "What? We had to cross the sea somehow!" he pleaded. 

The girl sighed and grabbed the bridge of her nose. "We still have that boat that we came here with!" she groaned, angrily gesticulating. 

The others, including Avdol who had bought the thing, all looked at (Y/N) and then back at Mr. Joestar. The old man held his breath for a second, then used one of his always-workin secret techniques. "Well, Avdol chose to buy this!" 

"Not again, Mister Joestar!" the Egyptian man responded, getting embarrassed by that man's audacity. He covered his face with his hands. "You gave me the money and told me to find a submarine!"

"That's not true!"

"Yes it is!" 

They stood still, looking at each other for about thirty seconds. All of sudden, when Avdol's face got unreadable and his fists clenched, as everybody thought he was gonna punch the old man, Mr. Joestar ran away, with the Egyptian man behind him. They were acting just like five year olds and that thought made (Y/N) giggle.

The others kept walking slowly to the submarine, when two crabs got out of the water, heading to the forest through the sand. Then, (Y/N) caught a glimpse of Jotaro lifting his foot above one of the small, red crabs. She couldn't believe he could really hate animals so much. "Jojo!" the girl cried out. Jotaro's head automatically turned in her direction when he heard her yell his name. "Please don't kill that crab!" 

Before the boy could say anything, he noticed the small crustacean walking past his leg's shadow, safely making it to the forest. He let down his foot and turned around to face (Y/N). "I wanted to avoid stepping on that, I wasn't planning on killing it." Jotaro spoke in a low tone, correcting the girl's misunderstanding. 

"Oh..." she sighed in embarrassment, looking away from him. The two kept walking, so they could catch up with Polnareff and Kakyoin. "Then, what about the..." (Y/N) stopped before finishing her question. She didn't want to accuse Jotaro and risk having another fight with him. The evening had been pleasant, and she didn't want to ruin that. 

Jotaro raised his left eyebrow as he observed the girl stopped so suddenly. "What about the what?"

"Nevermind..."

The bulky guy brainstormed for a second. When he thought he finally got it, he tried to guess what (Y/N) was talking about. "If you're talking about that cat you saw me hit back home..." he sighed and covered his eyes with his cap. "I didn't do it on purpose." As (Y/N) puffed and crossed her arms, thinking that he was lying, he frowned. "My mother fed that cat everyday and even let it inside the house whenever it felt like it." 

The four crusaders stood there in silence, waiting for Avdol and Mr. Joestar to start acting like actual grown-ups. (Y/N) was still refusing to talk to Jotaro until he explained why she should believe him. So, the boy continued his last statement. "When those girls follow me around, I purposely don't watch where I'm going, maybe I would step on their shoes and they would leave..."